Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Last minute deals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I have only been skiing once and got the bug. I want to have a long christmas skiing hol and wondered if lastminute deals, what with the credit crunch, will be good, cheap and plentiful this year?

Or with Skiing hols is it better to plan in advance?

Any advice welcome? snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vocalbill,
Welcome to the site.

A good place to look for last minute deals is www.alpineanswers.co.uk and click on the red Late deals box on the right of the screen. It's too early for any bargins yet but you can see availability for christmas week by clicking on the chalets in which ever resort you're interested in or just search by date and see the best deals by price across all sorts of resorts.

Some places are already booked out completely but there are plenty of places still available. They're really helpful on the phone if you want to check details like going solo, etc... as normally prices are quoted on two sharing.

Good luck. I'm looking to go at the same time and haven't started asking around for a companion so if you find anything and you need a second, drop me a line. Likewise, anyone reading this thread who wouldn't mind my company and wants to book together or has a spare bed/sofa/bit of floor that week, get in touch. Toofy Grin

Regards,
Fleur
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vocalbill, a friend who looks after several apartments is currently trying to find accommodation for up to 7 families for Xmas and New Year. School holiday periods appear to be as busy as ever.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it possible to get last minute Xmas deals normally or would it be hard?

I am solo and would be up for company. I am looking to go at the latest the 20th december, maybe the week before, and stay as long as possible. Depending on money.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
vocalbill, you are more likely to get a late deal for Christmas than for the New Year week. If you go the previous week (13th December) you are bound to find some late deals.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vocalbill, packages including travel tend to be Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun so you'll be locked into 1 or 2 weeks. If you're arranging your own travel then you'll be best trying to find a hotel or catching up with private owners like the lovely Helen Beaumont, and others on this site to check if they have a spare room for flexible dates. I think you will find it difficult to
Quote:

stay as long as possible. Depending on money.

Hi Helen Beaumont, snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi flowa, snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Helen Beaumont and flowa,

Thanks for the advice. I am thinking of going for three weeks and staying at three different resorts. Do you know what area would be good to head for to do that?,
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Go High for Xmas. Tignes (Val Claret for better social life) and ValT are bankable for snow quality but I'm sure others will have a host of alternatives. I think I can hear someone shouting 2Alpes wink easiski xx
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hey vocalbill. I agree with flowa...definitely head to the French Alps if you're looking to bounce around to some snow sure resorts for the Christmas season. As a solo traveler I'd check out www.action-outdoors.co.uk for some amazingly cheap all-inclusive deals. They can set you up with accomodations in places with like-minded travelers and get you hooked up guides/instructors who will take you to the best spots on and off-piste. Like Helen said, there will probably be some sort of Sat-Sat type of requirement, but you could easily book 3 "separate" weekly holidays with them for far less hassle and cost then doing it on your own or through other holiday sites. I'm pretty sure they handle return coach service from London if necessary and definitely do transfers from Geneva airport to something like 9 or 10 french resorts. Hope that helps, have a great time wherever you end up!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks for the link Peakseason. Just got off the phone to them. I like the idea of a coach as opposed to the head wrecking air travel experience and there's not much difference in the door to door travel time either.

Rob
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy