Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Not just any old helmet thread this time but a smelly helmet thread Toofy Grin Laughing

I got my Giro helmet out the other day and it wasnt smelling as fresh as it might have done Embarassed Sad I can remove the inner padding bits any advice on what to wash them in, e.g hand wash in normal washing liquid?
What does eveybody else do? Or am I the only one with a perspiring head (ladies dont sweat) Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I chucked my RED liner in the washing machine...didn't seem to do it any harm. The 'ear muffs' bit I think I hand-washed..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds, stick the whole lot in the washing machine, helmet and all, like JohnQ did last weekend to his motorbike helmet. It came out smelling sweet Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've stuck all the pads from my giro helmet in the washing machine, did it on a wool wash and they came out fine.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
put a open cup of bicarb of soda in you helmet seal it in a bag and leave for a day or two. smell gone.

I do not mean loosein your helmet but in another open top container, I used the same trick for my gloves which I sprinkled it in and then found out it was drying the skin out on my hands, It's an alkaline.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try washing your hair on holiday! Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds, Sounds like an excuse to go shopping and buy a new helmet, or is that not possible in these times of credit crunchiness
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds, bring helmet in shower, with foam bits still in.

Shampoo hair. Put helmet on, scrub inside of helmet with shampooed hair. Rinse both. Repeat. Dry.

No joke, I do this twice a week with the bike helmet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
comprex, I clean my helmet in the shower too.... Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Guvnor, I had to explain the steps to the laydeez. rolling eyes

Some of the other posters I really don't wish to wonder about. Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You can also run it through a wash cycle in an empty dishwasher (we do that with our fencing masks). However, it is not advisable to use laundry detergent in your dishwasher - it creates too many suds that end up leaking out of the dishwasher Shocked
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If the pads are removeable then wash in machine..anythign that isn't removable I use a helmet cleaner spray..
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sound like a lot of you get them very damp - how about spraying them with something like Febreeze, has anyone tried that?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
don't wear a helmet

problem solved

Madeye-Smiley Skullie wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno,

Lovely Patagonia fleece hat scrubs up quite clean enough, thank you.
snow report
For helmets try Miltons sterilising fluid. Safe for babies so very good in case of any residues. Also motorbike shops sell helmet shampoos and sprays.
ski holidays
oh good, a 'How fast to wash my Helmet' thread...
snow conditions
red 27, Wait for it they'll be onto how many times a week is it healthy to wash them and whether conditioner is a good idea LOL
latest report
I mentioned this before... I have a spray polish for bike farings and helmets.. called Yoshimoto's Purple Helmet Polish. It states on the can that "With Yoshimoto's Purple Helmet Polish you can now polish your helmet as fast as you like." Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
RachelQ,
Quote:

Linds, stick the whole lot in the washing machine, helmet and all, like JohnQ did last weekend to his motorbike helmet. It came out smelling sweet

Bet it did. Didn't it make one hell of a racket though in the machine and chip half the paint off? Motorbike helmets are quite a lot heavier than ski helmets Shocked Don't think I'd put my ski helmet in the washing machine in case it came out wrecked or something Laughing

Linds, with mine, I slung the whole lot i.e liner, ear muffs/pads in the washing machine on a "Delicates" wash and it was absolutely fine and nice to have it fresh although it wasn't niffy in the slightest, just fancied giving it a wash. The ski helmet itself-well, I wiped the inside of it where the liner went with one of them antibacterial wipes you can buy in packs at the supermarket. Worked a treat then when the liner/ear pads was dry I put it all back together again, had a nice lemon fragrance to it Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy