Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advanced female skis???

Poster: A snowHead
Advanced female skier 27yo 5ft3 55kg.... looking for 1 pair of skis for all conditions?? (about 60% onpiste 40% off piste) Would love to get into more off piste but still want a ski that can handle carving on piste.
Are female specific skis any good?
Anyone skied K2 tough luv skis, how do they ski on piste?
Any ideas what i should consider??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dynastar Legend Powder plus
Fischer Vision Zeal
Punisher

Looking at Fall-lines reviews, that is... Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scott Rosas, except they don't make them any more. Might be worth trying the Missions or have a hunt on the web as there are still some places that have the Rosas from 06. IIRC RachelQ on here has the Missions and loves them. If you want a bit more of an on-piste bias, the Stöckli Rotor 76 might also be worth a look
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
charliecharlie, welcome to snowHead

Mrs P skis around 70% off piste and 30% on piste, maybe. She's a little taller than you and around the same weight. Her everyday ski is a K2 Public Enemy, which she loves.

There are some amazing deals on the Miss Demeanor, the ladies version of the PE and the Nancy again the ladies version of the Seth Vicious, on ebay.de. The Misseys were finishing at £35-40, they're really good skis and an amazing price. The fatter Nancies are around £45-50 and, I'm told, awesome off piste skis for the ladiez.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Scott maya maybe for more on piste with some off or the Sheela (female spec Punisher?)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've heard good things about Scott Sheelas, and Miss Demeanors. If you were after something to get more involved off piste then the Nancys would be (called MissBehavin' or something this year, I think?).

My other half is about the same size as you, and she skis on Dynastar 8000s (she's naturally distrustful of lady-skis Smile ) but she's pining for a pair of Nancy's since trying them last year.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My current all mountain ski is the K2 Lotta Luv - it pretty much gets me everywhere although I switch to my Phat Luvs for powder and slush. I've demo'd the Tough Luv and will probably buy them as my next ski. I like a solid ski that performs well when I want it to but doesn't kick me off when I relax! The only thing that might take a little getting used to is the width of the Tough Luv - the roll-over from edge to edge does take a little longer at first but isn't noticeable after a few runs. I ski the 160, but you would probably like the 153 - I'm taller and a little heavier. I've liked all of K2s advanced women's skis. I used to ski on Volkls but their current range feels squirrelly at any sort of decent speed. Shocked
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
charliecharlie, Mrs C recommends the Mission. She is lighter than you and finds that the 168cm is great all round performer. 153cm will be too short, especially if you like to get the hammer down.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
charliecharlie, I, too, recommend the Missions (or maybe the Punishers which are apparently very similar although I haven't tried them). They float through the soft stuff but still carve and hold an edge on hard pistes. They're the best skis I've ever had - my last pair were Burnin Luvs and I loved them until I changed. The Missions are light too, I wouldn't have thought you need a female specific ski.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've skied the Tough Luvs. I didn't want to buy them, there wasn't anything bad about them but they just didn't feel very fun to me. I've tried quite a few of the other K2 Luv series and I felt the same way about them all but other people do love them so maybe if you have liked other K2 womens skis then the Tough Luv would be a good bet. It is quite a heavy, burly feeling ski so I imagine would be pretty capable in most conditions. FWIW I am a lot taller and heavier than you and usually ski mens skis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
When you ladies ski the mens skis do you have your bindings set forwards as I've often read about?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Megamum, I've only tried a few ladies skis in a snowdome and can't say I particularly noticed naything different about the binding position although it may be more noticeable out on the mountain. I just ski unisex/male skis with the bindings in the normal position.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Megamum, I've always just had the bindings in the "normal" position, although I've wondered how much difference it would make to move them forward.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
charliecharlie, try oxymorons, perfect all round ski for the advanced female skier wink
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks that given me loads to think about. Think i'll try and test a few pairs.... anyone know what the deal is with test skis at Xscape/snowdome?
latest report
lynseyf, What ski do you use? I don't like the K2 series either, much prefer Volkls - more fun.
ski holidays
erica2004, I have Elan Magfires, I haven't tried any Volkls but would like to Smile
ski holidays
I have a Stockli "cheater" GS ski.... and Volkl Racetiger GS.... and Elan SLX .... and Elan GLX.... and a few more.... plus a K2 Lotta Luv.... I pretty much only ski the Stockli and Volkl Racetigers in Colorado now.... they are the most versatile.... take out the SLX if I want to work on shorter turns.... GLX works for looooonngg turns for me (it is a longer ski than the Racetiger although same radius).... Lotta Luv is going

Megamum - the Stocklis tend to be slightly forward mounting point anyway compared to some others.... but I don't change the other skis AFAIK.... So far my technique is more limiting than anything else.... alignment got to be enough of an issue that I really had to get it looked at last season or two.... (I have hip pain on pretty much every second turn otherwise)... I can adjust the binding location a bit on most of them... and we may fiddle a bit soon... but so far I am the weaker link
snow conditions
charliecharlie, whats your local?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy