Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

guide in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm off to Tignes for the week of 15-22 Jan and really fancy talking my mates into doing some proper off-piste in either Tignes or Val D'Isere.

Does anyone know of a good guide in the area? We will all be snowboarders.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can recommend Jean Marc with Alpine Experience - but I don't know how he'll be for snowboarders. I'd suggest you contact them.

Jean Marc Pic
Jean Marc is a Frenchman from the Pyrennees and one of the most respected Mountain guides in France. He has skied in Val d'Isere for over 22 years and is an avid tourer. Jean Marc is also available for climbing, trekking, and canyoning in the summer.
Personal address: jeanmarc@alpineexperience.com
http://www.alpineexperience.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheers David. Snowball gave a similar answer on the Resorts thread and so I'll drop an e-mail and see what he says
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi

Did you manage to find a guide? I sent a request to alpine experience and they told me they only guide skiers (Boooooo....). Going to Val d'Isere for the first time in the beginning of February and recent avalanche reports have scared me into seriously considering an off-piste guide.

Tata

Ska
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skabbs, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Why thank you Elizabeth B, glad to finally be here...

Ska
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skabbs, conditions at the beginning of the week meant that off-piste was out of the question due to the mountains being slag heaps. By the end of the week the snow was there but most high lifts were shut due to storm conditions.

I did note that both Snocool and Evolution 2 would do off-piste guiding for snowboarders. Evo 2 have an office in Val D'Isere and have a good reputation for teaching and so should be fine for guiding.

Given recent conditions, and the seriousness of the proper off-piste terrain in the Espace Killy, I would recommend using a guide. They'll help you find the best bits anyway.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanx alot man. Do you think getting a guide on the spot would be fairly straight forward or should we make an effort to book one in advance?

Ska
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skabbs, i guess that there might be a rush for guides in perfect conditions but I would think that you could sort it out in the resort - few boarders seem to be sensible and use guides anyway and so that should work in your favour.

There seems no point booking a guide one week in advance only to find that the off-piste is hard and choppy by the time you get there.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yup, makes sense to wait and see...

Thanx again dude

Ska
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy