Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard friendly lifts in Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am an early intermediate boarder who can get down the slopes but just has a nightmare getting off the lifts. I'm going to Tignes in Jan - can anyone point me towards the best lifts to use?
Also will be mid marathon training and looking for a decent gym with treadmills and weights.................???
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
notnaturalblonde, Tignes has a good gym in the new aquatic centre by the lake.

Most of the lifts are chairs, but there are the funicular and several cable cars that you walk onto.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
notnaturalblonde, the lifts in Tignes are pretty good and the detachable chairlifts, e.g. Palafour, Tommeuses, Tichot, Grattalu, the new Tufs, Merles, Chaudannes, Paquis, Bollin/Fresse to name a few are great. There are some great intermediate runs around these lifts. They slow down in the stations to give you time to get on and off (unlike fixed chairlifts) and the Palafour and Tommeuses (not sure about the new Tufs?) have conveyor belts so you don't have to scoot into position before you get on. If I remember rightly Tommeuses (on the Val d'Isere side but I have a feeling this lift is covered in the Tignes pass? best check) is especially slow in the stations and has probably the flattest off-ramp at the top. There are some speedy fixed lifts, especially in the Bellevarde sector, but the lifties are generally really helpful and most will hold the chairs as you sit down to steady them, so no sweat.

Enjoy your time in Tignes.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
notnaturalblonde, It's all practice and you'll be fine. For goodness sake don't let the lifts dictate where you do your boarding...people miss out on so much doing this - it's heartbreaking!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey thanks for the info - have been to Tignes a few times when i was a skier- I shall see it thru different eyes as a boarder! Will make a note of the lift listed - thankx rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
notnaturalblonde, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
notnaturalblonde, get your board well planted on the ground as the lift arrives at the top, get you back foot on the board, keep hold of the chair with your rear hand and leave it guide you off until it turns away and you can no longer touch it, bend your kness and crouch like a tiger, get low, get your weight on your front foot and just glide away Very Happy

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 8-10-08 11:41; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Joanne Mountainsun, rayscoops, good advice.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
notnaturalblonde, welcome to snowHead.

My missus hates lifts of all sorts and at first, she avoided drags and fast chairs like the plague. However, once she discovered that many of the fast chairs were fast for a reason (to get you up higher, quicker) she ont hem like a rat up a drainpipe. She still doesn't look down and clings on enough to give my bones a bruising, but she loves the boarding when she gets off. We both still hate drags and believe they were innvented for masochists!!

If in doubt, throw yourself at a bunch of skiers or hope there's a cool lift attendant who'll take pity on you when you tumble!! Smile
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Don't line up in the middle for a chairlift. End seat gives you more room to manoevre (choose left or right depending on which way you ride!).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
maggi, aaahh, the race to get the end seat - always a joy to behold, especially when you see the snowboarders all heading across the flow of the queue at the gates. I'm sure we love doing it just to annoy skiers?*

(*not that I do it on purpose or anything...) Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
faceplantress wrote:
notnaturalblonde, the lifts in Tignes are pretty good and the detachable chairlifts, e.g. Palafour, Tommeuses, Tichot, Grattalu, the new Tufs, Merles, Chaudannes, Paquis, Bollin/Fresse to name a few are great. There are some great intermediate runs around these lifts. They slow down in the stations to give you time to get on and off (unlike fixed chairlifts) and the Palafour and Tommeuses (not sure about the new Tufs?) have conveyor belts so you don't have to scoot into position before you get on. If I remember rightly Tommeuses (on the Val d'Isere side but I have a feeling this lift is covered in the Tignes pass? best check) is especially slow in the stations and has probably the flattest off-ramp at the top. There are some speedy fixed lifts, especially in the Bellevarde sector, but the lifties are generally really helpful and most will hold the chairs as you sit down to steady them, so no sweat.

Enjoy your time in Tignes.

Tommeuses is definitely a Tignes lift, says so on the canopy!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tee hee - I used to hate u lot when I was a skier - and constantly fighting with my twins who are both boarders. I struggle cos I've had my cruiciates replaced after a ski accident and can never tell where my back foot is gonna go when I put it down when its not strapped in - what a wuss!
I'm a Bodypump instructor if any of you guys knows what one of those is - so any skier that tries to grab the outside seats will come a poor second!!! Evil or Very Mad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy