Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

smoking ban in austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Children? In a bar? That's a whole other thread in it's own right.....
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Smoking is a Disease and I do want to catch it. Please stay outside at all times, do not forget to sweep up your litter, proceed to external shower & clothes laundering area for cleaning before re-entering non-smoking areas. Very Happy Very Happy

Just remember Smokers kill thousands of innocent people everyday & all they do is blame anything but themselves.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton, or alternatively, if you are a non-smoker, realise that you have the choice as to whether to enter a smoking establishment or not....there is plenty of alternative choices for you, there are not for the poor persecuted smoker. Live and let live and all that.

Smokers are a minority these days, and should be treated as such. So if there a gay bars for gay people, sports bars for sports fans, Vegetarian restaurants for vegetarians, etc etc, why shouldn't there be smoking bars for smokers?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guvnor,

Where the bar is "smoking" or "not smoking" and the rules are adhered there isn't normally a problem.

People who go into a veggy restaurant or a gay bar are not automatically 'contaminated'. The smoking area in some establishments is about as effective as a peeing corner in a public swimming baths. Why should the majority be contaminated by the minority in these cases?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Guvnor wrote:
stanton, or alternatively, if you are a non-smoker, realise that you have the choice as to whether to enter a smoking establishment or not...

Smoking establishment? Bars, Restaurants, Bus Shelters, Trains , Public spaces are not smoking establishments.

Persecuted Smoker, Shocked ? Get Real smokers have had it all there way for the last 100+ yrs. We (non-smokers) have had to put up with passive smoking disease for all that time. We have only just got started & only at the beginning of the end for eliminating smoking Skullie
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stanton, apart from bars which match a certain criteria in Austria, or am I missing the entire point of the thread?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oddly enough, no-one has suggested banning alcohol which isn't terribly good for you either, especially in the quantities consumed in St Anton. Perhaps we could have a 2 drinks a night rule, we could have cards that entitle us to buy 14 drinks a week and this could be clipped by the bar person.

Don't smoke in Scotland, somehow Austria brings out the smoker in me, I have been known to smoke a whole 10 over the course of a week.

Can't get too worked up about people smoking in pubs, i always thought that was what they were for.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ghost Dog, the difference with smoking is that those who don't are impacted at least as heavily as those who do, so unless you drink 45% of your pint and then force the rest down the thoat of the teetotal person next to you, it's not a valid comparison.

And funnily enough, I always thought that pubs were for people to have a drink - now if I went into a "coffeeshop" in Amsterdam and then complained about the smoke, I'd rightly be thought a tw@t, but there's no hard link between pubs and smoking, just as there is no hard link between fire exits and smoking, but that's where most smoking seems to happen in the UK.

Personally, I dislike the smoking in Austria, but I put up with it or choose to sit outside if its particularly bad. When in Rome and all that... but I'd still very much welcome a smoking ban, just as I did here.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyway 2010 is the European Commission Deadline for member states to implement employee protection non smoking policy in all public buildings. The EC warned around 2 years ago that it would enforce an EU wide ban in 2010.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
TBH I'm quite happy with the ban here, I think my acceptance/happiness re Austria is part nostalgia, part enjoying my only fags of the year. I can understand non smokers would prefer a ban and I won't lose any sleep over it. Although it may not seem like Austria anymore, Ital feels somehow different since the ban.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guvnor wrote:
I am a smoker. This is my choice.

I do not and would not light up in a non-smoking bar or restaurant. This is my choice.

I choose not to smoke when out with a group of non-smoking friends, nor expect them to sit in a 'smoking' section to appease my habit. This is my choice.

I would not smoke in front of children. This is my choice.

I do not litter my filter tips over the street or mountainside, as I carry a portable ashtray. This is my choice.

I would, however, smoke in a bar which is designated 'smoking'. This is my choice.

and a fine man too Smile
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Guvnor - hear hear!!!!!! I try to please both sides
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anybody know if you can smoke in Verbier or Switzerland in general?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy