Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone for a weekend in Meribel ?

Poster: A snowHead
A couple of places have become available for our weekend trip to Meribel 14th/15th -18th January. 4 FULL DAYS SLOPE TIME !

If anyone would like to join us please send me a PM for further details.

It's an all boy trip, 35-45 age group in the main, skiers, boarders, mixed ability.

Catered chalet.

Lift to/from GVA available .

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 4-10-08 18:19; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
can do a single, twin or triple room.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was about to PM you, then realised I'm already away then Embarassed

It'll be a fair bit of driving won't it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc, what a shame.

GVA to Meribel should be less than 2.5 hrs, not too bad imho. The chalet we booked is from Thu 15th but we can get there the night before if we want, so that's what most of us are doing, getting a late flight out Wed 14th, arriving GVA about 20:30, then drive to Meribel in time for a couple of quick drinks before heads down for first lifts Thu am. Flight back Sun pm is about 21:30 - that's how we get 4 full days skiing.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 4-10-08 18:20; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a bit more info to tempt you Very Happy Very Happy

Chalet is a couple of minutes from Dicks, it has wifi, all rooms are en-suite, and it has a hot tub !

Cost is £195 for 3 nights (Thu-Sun) fully catered. Optional b&b rate if you go Wed night is £25.

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm tempting. Let me speak to a friend.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Really looking to fill these places asap, so much so that if anyone can use the triple room you can have the 3 nights catered and only pay for 2 people ! Can't say fairer than that ! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
masmith,

Might be interested (2 boarders in their 30's) but won't know until next week.
Question: if you're travelling on Wed night but chalet only available on Thurs, are you sleeping on a park bench or in a club? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kruisler, no park bench I'm afraid, we have the option to go direct to the chalet on the Wed night, effectively pay b&b for that night at £25 p/p. Our flights all arrive GVA between 8pm and 9pm, we then car share to Meribel, get there about midnight, a few night caps, then heads down for the first lift.

If there are 2 of you and you can arrive on the same flights (combination of Liverpoool, Luton and Stansted - all Easyjet) then we could upgrade our hire cars to take 2 extra people no problem - return cost could be about £50 p/p inc. fuel.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
masmith,

Thanks for the info.. Sounds all great..will keep you posted...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Sounds like a fantastic deal.... Just had an operation on my foot otherwise I'd jump at the chance!!!!! Good luck filling the spaces, I'm jelous Sad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Smithy1972, thanks bro !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
masmith,

I just checked the flights and price looks good. You booked direct with chalet?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
masmith, Damn if only it were for early Feb then could have done it. pm on its way though
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kruisler, sent you a PM earlier, will send you another with some finer details.
ski holidays
masmith,

Yep..missed that! rolling eyes Very Happy
I replied..
snow conditions
WOOT WOOT!! wink

So many thanks masmith.. snowHead
latest report
Kruisler signed upfor a 4 day blast, nice one !

Have filled another of the places as well, but still have one or two left, so if there is a single person or a pair looking to join up with a group at this time, then I'd love to hear from you.

Roll on Jan ..... and the white stuf is due this week, so I'm told.
snow conditions
Are the spaces still there? I am looking for an opportunity for a getaway for a few days. best wishes Tom
snow report
Tom-B, as things stand, yes, I'll drop you a PM.
snow conditions
Interesting, may be an option
snow report
If I wear a moustache, can I come? Toofy Grin
snow report
bonsnoangel, Am sure that would have a mixed reaction within the group - 1 girl in a chalet with 14 guys !

Think I'd better err on the side of caution though and say 'no'. Sorry !!
latest report
Welcome to Tom-B - another snowhead enrols. We look forward to meeting you.

There is now just one final place remaining in case anyone else is tempted.
latest report
Blast, missed this, could have been a birthday present to myself...
latest report
horizon, go on, treat yourself, still room for one more ....
snow conditions
horizon, p.s. when is your birthday, mine is on the final day of the trip (wife not too happy abot that one)
latest report
horizon,

Wot masmith says...you know you wanna...

And my birthday is a week before so that will be a b'day treat for myself too... I am so generous with myself...It's cos' I love me.. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My birthday is on the 12th.

Hmmmm today is a bad day to mention this to the missus, but I'll look for an angle tomorrow
ski holidays
This trip is now full - thanks to snowheads.com for helping me find some new ski buddies ... and all being well some new friends too !

horizon - will drop you a PM.
snow report
I am resurrecting this to say that masmith is "mr ski trip organiser" extraordinaire..

Thank you for an amazing trip!

I am back at work thinking I am going to need the week at least to recover!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy