Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SCGB Snow Reports - partly closed !!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Tim Brown, I'm certain, my friend, you’ve already run back to the club shouting ‘look, look what the nasty Masque has said’. Grow up and smell the coffee. Every time anyone takes a pop at the SCGB, for whatever reason, its apologists always go for the throat of the antagonist – they never answer or they skirt around the issue in question. Evasiveness is not an admirable quality and does nothing to settle an issue or tempers. In fact I strongly suspect that it is a deliberate policy.
The rest of this I will outline later.

However it’s Xmas Eve, it’s time to put down swords and for the holiday I wish everyone the very best

Lo’luv, John
Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Coming to this late as I've been out of the office (xmas party then xmas holiday but I had to pick up on something said yesterday.
Kramer wrote:
if you're not a member of the SCGB, then you don't really have a right to say how the SCGB should operate
Bang on with that one. I can comment on how I would run a business, but the owner doesn;t need to listen to me. A sensible businessman might want to listen to potential customers before deciding that he doesn't want their business, though.
Kramer wrote:
it's up to us how we choose to make services available on the web-site
I thought the problem was the Sk cluib is run by the committee on behalf of the member, and the members effectively have no say - for instance,
I have to go now as Chocolat is coming on soon

Merry Christmas!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque wrote:
Tim Brown, I'm certain, my friend, you’ve already run back to the club shouting ‘look, look what the nasty Masque has said’. :

No need, you were going to do that yourself, by letter, remember?

snowHead
Masque wrote:
Tim Brown, Consider it on the way, I will post it here at the same time.

Send your letter by registered post, putting your two points:

1. Which marketing moron advised you?

2. Again all I see is SCGB poking a stick up its ar*e in an attempt to spite other people.

Don't forget to post their reply here.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Tue 28-12-04 16:14; edited 5 times in total
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guys, guys!

It's Christmas for FFS!

Some believe that the SCGB is the dogs bollox and others believe it's just bollox - Can't we just agree to differ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Merry christmas to both sides Anyone see a prog on telly this morning about the horrors in Uganda and Sudan. Boardski used a good abbreviation....... FFS people, the SCGB thing does not really matter. It does however really matter that shedfulls of snow are coming to La Plagne in the next few days. The snow gods must have heard about our party arriving 2nd Jan. Very Happy snowHead

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 26-12-04 10:50; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman,

"FFS people, the SCGB thing does not really matter"

A good point, well made!

Merry Xmas snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Been to the Ski Club's Historical Snow reports. They limited access, and now non members can see only last years snow levels. I found the historical snow reports amusing, nothing more, but they were my only reason to allow them to spam my inbox, so i guess they're off to the block list.
Becoming a member isn't, and has never been an option (not being british), so i'll present what i feel is a mainly objective view:
First, the Ski Club can run itself anyway it chooses,but I am asuming they want to enlist as many members as possible.
The reports are a v. good teaser.The historical reports were unique, the current reports are not. Demanding an e-mail address is smart, it allows the club to present itself regularly to potential members. If someone thinks that many registered users will become members just for the historical reports, good luck to them.
On the other hand, this is a good move if you want the current members to feel that they are getting some value for their membership fee.
So maybe they are more concerned with retaining members than enlisting new ones (limiting the fall in membership vs growth)?
If so these are v. difficult times for the Ski Club, and at a time of record british skier numbers.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sugardaddy, happy to say membership's on the increase. So realax, don't worry about the club being in very difficult times Very Happy And you don't have to be British to ski with the club. I have skied with Belgian, Brazillian, Canadian and American members of the club. Just one of each, I grant you. The Brazillian and American had come accross to Europe specifically to ski on a club holiday.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you look at an individual resort's snow report for which 11 year data is held, you can still see (as a non-member) a comparison of the current week's snow depths with the 11 year average depth for that week (the grey bar on the right of the histogram). For example, check out Les Arcs and right now depths are approximately 1/2 what they should be at this time.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy