Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its snowing...

Poster: A snowHead
red 27, I agree that is a horrible picture. Drove through La Daille and Tignes this summer, some of the architechture makes you want to pull you hair out.

In the picture of the pylones and the stations at Chamonix, you can see clearly the aesthetical difference between the new and old designs. The concrete pylons are disgusting. http://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1373&st=460&start=460
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yes.... I guess... The new ones are "no oil painting" either... Hey Ho, I'm on thin ice intellectually, moaning about the appearance of ski infrastructure - I ski, and so indirectly I'm the cause of the very issue I'm whining about Confused

The effect, to my eye, is more brutal and offensive above the tree line where there is literally nowhere to hide, and as the natural beauty (majesty?) of the mountains becomes even more appraent the higher you go, the jarring effect of the man-made gubbins is all the greater.

They seem to deal with the issues better in the Ecrins resort as I recall....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunshine Village looking good
http://www.skibig3.com/banff-lake-louise/3-banff-lake-louise-ski-resorts/webcam_sunshine2.html
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I can hardly see across the street from my house right now.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
solarfish, neither can I but thats just the darkness Laughing
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I got snowed on today it was 5C and it was more like sleat than snow but it was at sea level Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't want to get you guys overexcited but huge snowfalls are being predicted for next week across the alps...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowed in Buffalo today for the first time this season
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just realised how close the season is away.

When is it likely that temperatures will allow the snow that lands to stay and build the base up?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
March.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Christopher, Depends. If the temperatures hit the deck soon then the base could start to build then again if nothing really good happens end of Nov start of Dec. Everywhere will be different. Looks like Banff has a base building already and Loveland has had 10 inches.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Christopher, in Zermatt, Soldeu or Castleford ?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher, http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=37 temperatures look to be dropping next week after a warm weekend, but that could change.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Christopher, http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/snow_forecast_7.asp?resortID=37 temperatures look to be dropping next week after a warm weekend, but that could change.

Both GFS and ECWMF show very impressive forecasts for next week! If they're true there will be heavy snowfall in the mountains, it will even snow across large parts of France and Germany with temperatures 10 degrees below average. Let's pray...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bart_bdv, yoo hoo!

(I see you're in Belgium, me too, I just found out there's a public holiday on 10/11 nov and I hope to go skiing!)
snow report
I heard tonight that temperatures have been low enough for Norquay to be pumping out the man made stuff at an alarming rate and they would actually like to open next week! I don't see it happening but certainly if they have made that much then they could well open the slopes before the end of the month just to nick a few points off Sunshine. If they do, then I may have to actually put my hand in my pocket and pay for a day on the slopes rather than waiting for my Sunshine pass wink
snow report
solarfish,

What is the temperature in the valley?
snow report
johnboy, Environment Canada forecast
snow report
arv,

Not that cold really?
ski holidays
johnboy, cold enough to make snow...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy