Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PE mounting understanding

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

I've got my new K2 PEs with px 12 jibs and I'm pretty sure now I'll mount 'em +3,5 or +4, since I wanna be doing around 60% ski and rest tree/piste.
The only problem is I gotta tell my shop guy who will mount the bindings where exactly I want them.

What exactly does +4 mean? With the middle of the boot on the +4 scale on the PEs? with the heel? or +4 from the real(!) center of the ski?
I guess it's a bit of a stupid question and fast to answer, but I'm not that into bindings and all the equipment sadly Sad

best regards,
sol
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
+4 means mounting the bindings so that the midsole mark on your boot is on the +4 line. Did you mean to say that you'll be doing 60% in the park? If so then +4 will be good in the park but poor for everything else as it's too far forward.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What year are they? Last years had 0-6 or thereabouts with a K2 logo in a triangle at the all round reccomended point, the older ones just had cm markings. From my experience of the older ones I'd personally go +4 for all round skiing, certainly no less than +3. Further back than that and the tails are just far too easy to overpower.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It is perhaps a matter of personal preference and skiing style. I had the bindings on my PE's slightly forward of +3. While it was fine ON-piste I found that there was a bit 'too much tail' OFF-piste and I had to be in the back seat more.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hey!
Thanks a lot for your replies!

They are 2008s in 169cm. I read from quite a lot of people that +3 would be the most common all-round position, but since I wanna be doing a bit more park without losing toooo much of the skis other qualities I chose to mount them +4. Well they are not yet mounted, so I could still change my mind.
But why should they be "poor for everything else", I could understand that if they were center mounted, but the difference in +3 to +4 can't be too big.
The scale is 0-7 on my ski (I don't have them here sadly, they are at the shop that'll mount the bindings) and I think the real(!) center is somewhere around +7,5.

I think either way it will take some time to get used to it, but then be fun, so maybe it'll take some more time to get used to it in powder, but if they are better in the park then, I'll take that risk.
Go for +4?

Oh and special thanks to the info that +4=midsole mark of the boot on the +4 line, it shouldn't be too complicated to explain it to the shop now.

best regards,
Sol

Ps: I just noticed I wrote "60% ski" in the first post...doesn't make too much sense, I was talking about park of course NehNeh
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy