Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet for 12 people WANTED - 7th March 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know of any good chalets available for a week from 7th March? Had a great time in St Anton last year so looking to find somewhere to rival or beat that one! Any recommendations? We're looking for somewhere high to guarantee snow at this time in the season.

Thanks! Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bowenag, have a look at www.tracksvacations.com or www.morealps.com both have catered chalets in La Rosiere 1850, with ski-hosting transfers to/from geneva etc and have space that week. I have to declare an interest here, we own chalet Le Mouflon although it's not run by us now and my son owns More Alps.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bowenag, you'll have to go some to beat a great time in St A by most people's expectations...

On property spec alone, then of course not, but what do you need to have..?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
David L wrote:
Bowenag, have a look at www.tracksvacations.com or www.morealps.com both have catered chalets in La Rosiere 1850, with ski-hosting transfers to/from geneva etc and have space that week. I have to declare an interest here, we own chalet Le Mouflon although it's not run by us now and my son owns More Alps.

And La Ros is world renowned for it's nightlife...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Les Deux Alpes has Europe’s largest skiable glacier where skiing is still available in August. No need to say more. Chamonix Valley has always benefited from a superb snow record thanks to the microclimate resulting from the very close proximity of Mont Blanc. Snow cover on at least parts of the ski area is pretty much guaranteed from early-December until late April. Also Tignes, or Val Thorens situated at the top of the Three Valleys its high altitude makes it snow sure and easy access to the rest of the region means that you have a huge terrain on your doorstep and Courcheval can be good at that time too. Or if you prefer Switzerland maybe Zermatt or Verbier.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're going to Belle Plagne with this company www.smittenbysnow.com at the end of January. I've not stayed with them before but it looks good from the pictures/description, it's reasonable and Belle Plagne is high up.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
topcat,

I've stayed there, they work at it quite hard. The chalet apartment is good and easy to ski-in and out of off
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
That's really good to hear JT snowHead . I stayed in a chalet in La Tania last season and it was nice but the supposed 'ski in ski out 'involved climbing over things/down long flights of icy steps/passing through gardens & hedges etc.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
topcat,

The chalet appartment is in the Le Balcon complex AFAIK...unless they have moved in the last 4-5 years.
The block is at the top of Belle Plagne and it is just a walk down the stairs, into the boot room and out on the the piste to ski down to the main lifts at Bellecote. Looking at the web site, they seem to have more chalets than I remember as they were just a couple then, I believe.

I think all the appartments are in blocks so I wouldn't think anywhere is too far from the piste
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy