Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere Virgin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So what's it like then? Going end of Jan 2005.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's great, one of the worlds best resorts in terms of available skiing, both on and off-piste. The snow record is good, and there is plenty of skiing. Are there any particular questions that you would like answered?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi snowbabe, welcome to Snowheads.

Val D is snowy, links with Tignes, has pistes, off pistes, a lift system, bars, restaurants, ski hire, chalets & hotels, a few french guys, and a hell of a lot of non-french punters. Blush

Suggest you should probably first try the "resorts" bit on the snowbase dropdown above, and then do a quick search (user facilities dropdown above). THEN we'll be absolutely happy to answer any specific questions you have. Also helps if you tell us something about yourself and what you're after. Puzzled
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah sorry I was being a bit vague! So, I've been skiing since 1983 (but with a break from 85 to about 97, who knows why?!) So I'm pretty competent but still find Black Runs a little bit hard going. Like skiing Reds, fast! We are staying right opposite the funicular, just want to see what particular runs/areas people would recommend, hubby and I like to cover as much mountain as we can but are only there for 7 days, so don't want to miss the best bits!! Have been told that Val gets quite icy and i don't really like ice! We're also arriving on my Birthday so any recommendations for a good place to eat would be much appreciated! Razz
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowbabe,

Never been to Val...!!!!! What have you been doing..?

Anyway, great resort but it sounds like you are staying in La Daille which is about 5 mins from Val village itself.
The advantages here are that you will have a great lift connection into the main system and the home run is the Val downhill course...!! This is only a problem at home time, if then, but it is a better way back than the runs into Val itsself. If you come from the Solaise area you have a mad time getting down very busy and not so easy pistes and if you come from Belverdere you have an fabulous black which is the Olympic downhill...but these differcult routes home take you to Val itself and you don't have to bother with them if you are going back to La Daile. That run home will be busy...as all 4 o'clock runs are, but is the easier of the lot, I think.
Once you get up into the main system there is loads of motorway blast right throughout the valley but the beauty of Val is that it has something for everyone and it does that very well.
Not for nothing is this one of the top 5 resorts in the world by anyones criteria.

One thing that USED to be the case is that there are 3 prices for apre-ski and bars.
Price 1 is the Local price and this is the cheapest, Price 2 is the resort worker/seasonal price which most Brits can get on if they are canny and then price 3 is the tourist and most expensive price for beers etc. If you get to some places early you may be able to kid the doormen you don't need to pay to get in but the place WILL be empty and it will be very early.

If you know someone in the resort try price 2, if not get in with your reps or Chalet staff by bribing them with lots of goodies from the UK. I know it's a cliche but take things like UK chocolate and Marmite. They are all different that the stuff over there. %0you come from the Solaise area you have a mad time getting down very busy and not so easy pistes and if you come from Belverdere you have an fabulous black which is the Olympic downhill...but these differcult routes home take you to Val itself and you don't have to bother with them if you are going back to La Daile. That run home will be busy...as all 4 o'clock runs are, but is the easier of the lot, I think.
Once you get up into the main system there is loads of motorway blast right throughout the valley but the beauty of Val is that it has something for everyone and it does that very well.
Not for nothing is this one of the top 5 resorts in the world by anyones criteria.

One thing that USED to be the case is that there are 3 prices for apre-ski and bars.
Price 1 is the Local price and this is the cheapest, Price 2 is the resort worker/seasonal price which most Brits can get on if they are canny and then price 3 is the tourist and most expensive price for beers etc. If you get to some places early you may be able to kid the doormen you don't need to pay to get in but the place WILL be empty and it will be very early.

If you know someone in the resort try price 2, if not get in with your reps or Chalet staff by bribing them with lots of goodies from the UK. I know it's a cliche but take things like UK chocolate and Marmite. They are all different that the stuff over there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You cann't go to VD without trying some of the classic off-piste routes there. Most are fairly easy and very quickly become piste like. To be safe though you need someone to guide you who knows what he/she is doing.
The routes that spring to mind are the Tour de Carvet, The Piste (or now Vallee) Perdue, Col Pers, and Cugnai.
For a full description either get the Vamos guide to off-piste in Espace Killy or try this site. http://www.dimple1.demon.co.uk/skiing/val_off-piste.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Take UK chocolate and Marmite??!! LOL
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Tuck Thong, welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy