Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Carroz beginner slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

I am off to Les Carroz at Christmas with some beginners - I see from the village map that there are some beginner slopes in the village itself.

If anyone has been could you let me know if these are any good, or whether there are better areas up the mountain (less crowded etc).

Also, do you have an approx time for getting over to Flaine?

THanks

Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simski81,
The beginner slopes in the village itself (a few pistes accessed via two drag lifts) are fine for real beginners but your friends should progress up the mountain pretty quickly. At the top of the main Les Carroz gondola is another beginners area - this is a green run access via a drag lift. This summer this area has been significantly widened and improved and may actually be where all first day beginners will be taken instead of the village pistes. There are also plenty of easy blue runs from the top of this gonadola that your friends should progress to quickly. The Morrillon valley is also great for beginners once they have progressed a little. Failing all of that, anther option is to drive to Flaine and use the fairly extensive beginners area there but that really should not be needed.

Getting to Flaine - about 30 mins by car or 45-60 mins by skis (3 lifts) for reasonable skiers. Slightly quicker getting back as requires only two lifts not three.

Have a good time
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simski81, I agree with everything simo1234 says above. I was a complete beginner when I went to Les Carroz and it was a great place to learn. The highlight for me was the Marvel green run down the Morillon valley, a beautiful winding run through trees - I swear it is the reason I got hooked on this skiing lark snowHead

When we learnt there we did one run on the slope in the village and then went straight on up to the green run up the mountain. Another very nervous beginner I went with a couple of years ago found the green run up on the mountain easy.

Have a great time, Les Carroz is a very pretty village and should look fantastic dressed up for Christmas.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
simski81, We were in LC for Xmas 2006 as a first ski trip with the family and we loved the village! At that time, the ski schools started down the hill on the slope in the village and only moved up to the green slope at the top after a few days, but by the end of the week both our kids were up the hill. That said, the green slope at the top of the hill was very crowded with only one (slow) drag and about a 300m single run down from that. Although from some nouvelle dimension's ski blog I can see that there is considerable work going on for the green at the top.

Moving on from greens is a little difficult though, the simple blues are either down a steep slope at the front of the telecabine (plein soleil) or a winding blue with a steep 100 yards at the bottom (blanchot). We found it easier at this point to go to the first of the Flaine lifts out of the village (le Lac) and ski the greens/blues around there. Also the greens/blues in Flaine would be a good move on.

That said we loved LC, so much so we went back Easter 2007 and would consider going back again in the future.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
simo1234, there are some nice long runs for beginners down to LC, pretty and I am told very quiet during the day, busier at going home time, obviously. I'm not 100% sure how to get to them from LC as I've only done them on the way back from Flaines, but presumably form the top of the main gondola out of LC. There are also easy runs down toward some of the other Flaine satellites.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
richmond, these runs depend on the snow cover as they have no cannons. The two times we have been there the only way down is the red Timalets which has snow making all the way to the village, all the others were closed.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
prthomas, I've been very lucky with snow on both my visits to LC, although one of those runs was shut on one visit, can't imagine why
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy