Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Barons - anyone tried them?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Popped into S&R in Covent Garden last weekend (brownie points for getting their skis out ahead of EB), and noticed that they're offering to bundle a lot of skis with Marker Baron bindings. From what i can tell the Baron is a slightly lighter version of the Duke, with a lower DIN range (up to 12) and a bit cheaper.

Possibly S&R are using them because the Duke did so well last year, and maybe because they're expensive so a higher margin...but I was wondering if anyone had tried them or knows if they're supposed to be any good?

There's a previous thread on them here, but I think they were too new to have been tested at that point.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ChrisWo, Don't know the Baron but I agreed with the point about metal being better than plastic so went with the Dukes on the basis that 150g wasn't enough to worry about.

You feel very solid in the Duke as it is a sturdy..and heavy-ish binding. Personally, I would have liked Marker to go Titanium rather than plastic for a weight-save and as the Baron are new this season...the jury is still out
on it, IMV, hence my decision to go Duke.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They're awesome and are packaged cheaply with Nordica, K2 and Volkl. I think maybe Nordica might not be anymore, need to check. I believe there really is no need to use any other kind of binding, but then i was so impressed, i bought the company.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ChrisWo, ask me in 3 months. Got some waiting to be used. Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with JT on the weight front - the saving doesn't seem that impressive. If they get bundled up cheaply though, that might make all the difference!

stoatsbrother, not sure I can last 3 months - I may crack and buy something before then Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ChrisWo,

You should be paying £225 for the Dukes as a standalone in the UK and I got the mount FOC if that is any good to you. I couldn't get the Baron at that time, but now they may have the stock. I would think the Baron would be about £190 but I'm guessing really.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy