Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens to Mottaret Ski Runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to VT in jan 09 and I'd like to take the SO across the hill to Meribel.

The only route i've skied is via Lac de la Chambre, for me it was OK but I'm concerned that, the first part, this may be too steep for my partner. Can anyone recommend a slightly easier route that we could take over from VT to Meribel? I wouldnt want to destroy her confidence at the start.
I've seen that there is a ESoB at VT, so I hope someone may have a little local knowledge of the area.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mikes21, you could make your way to Les Menuires and then head across that way. If you can get to the top of Les 3 marches then you can head down on some blues.

The only difficult part of Lac de La Chambre is the top but after that it is pretty plain sailing. I can remember when this run was not there and it was an itinaire (off piste but well skied route) that we would take. Then they made it into a run and spoilt all the fun.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My partner is super timid and she made it down without too much trouble. Second time she did it she was fine.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think you have to head further down the valley to Tougnete before you can ski a blue off the ridge towards Meribel or Mottaret.

Another option is to take the bubble down one stage from the top of 3 Marches and pick up the blues further down the hill.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think admin would recommend the Gebroulaz Glacier route wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I like following the ridge to tougnette by taking the Mount de la Chambre run and chair up or bruyeres 2 up.

very cruisy blues along Les menuires and then down into mottaret.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having had to take a taxi back to Meribel from Les Menuires after we got it wrong somehow (2007), I've looked at the piste map a number of times and still can't quite figure out the routes. Skimottaret says

Quote:

I like following the ridge to tougnette by taking the Mount de la Chambre run and chair up or bruyeres 2 up.

What's the simplest route to get to Tougnette from VT? Can you get straight to the bottom of Roc Des 3 Marches from Mont De La Chambre? If so, can you then ski down L'Allee, go up Allamands, down Grand Lac and Pelozet and then head up St Martin 2?

Or am I completely missing something in the "following the ridge" quote? I need to find an option that works for my good lady who isn't yet ready for reds or off-piste.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
McStonnie, The simplest is to go up the Three valleys 2 chair or Bouquetain FUnitel (which is the last to get stopped by high winds) and then go over to mottaret following the Lac de la chambre and Ours blue (narrow cat track) or back up Plan des mains and down to mottaret. but the top of lac de al chambre can get windswept and a bit icy...

The ridge way i suggest involves reds but are pretty easy...Mt de la chambre to Les Menuires following the ridge line but staying in the Belleville valley side. Basically then always stay right and high by staying on a cruisy red called "David Douillet Haut" route and then "Liason" to the Roch de trois marches 2 chair not all the way to the bottom and the bubble. The from the top take grand lac to pelozet and onto the St martin 2 chair to the top and take Faon blue to meribel or blues into mottaret.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy