Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shows-Metro and NEC Birmingham

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Re the ski shows this year, I've not been to one before. I'm going to be flying back to London Luton from the October Tignes ski and board camp on the Friday night and had already planned to stay in a Travelodge anyway that night and meet a friend the next day.

I see on the Saturday and Sunday the Metro ski show is on so it occurred to me that since I'm in the area sort of anyway, I could go with my mate. I probably wouldn't bother travelling otherwise since London is quite a trek for me, I live closer to Birmingham and the date of that one end of October is a bit more convenient.

For those that have been to both the London and Birmingham ski shows, are they the same or is the London one bigger/better? Are the shows any good or are they just "alright"?

I'm sure I read on here somewhere that someone said that the NEC one was better and therefore I'm perhaps better off going to that one since it's local?

Thanks!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IMHO, the London one is far better. More exhibitors certainly. The NEC and Manchester MEN Area are run by the same organisation, so you may get a similar set of stands.
I went to both Olympia and the NEC last year and was well dissapointed in the NEC. It was a waste of time and the money to get in. Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mikes21, ohhhhhh! Ok, maybe I've got it the other way round then about someone saying the NEC one was better-I will have a look back at the thread.

Do you think you might have been disappointed with the NEC one last year because you'd already been to a similar show a few weeks earlier at London? Might have been a bit samey I suppose?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mikes21, got to disgree about the lack of stands at NEC, the show was sold out last year...the difference between the two shows is S&R don't have a stand taking up half the show at NEC

the manchester show is no more...last year it was too early and clashed with the rugby world cup, a man untied home game and a man city home game, that and it was 20 degrees and sunny rolling eyes

IMO having been to most of these over the past 10+ years at london the displays are sometimes better but the whole place is taken up with S&R and EB everything else is shoved to the back and the only other things are a pile of holiday companies trying to sell you trips at a "discount" for booking at the show

NEC has more smaller stores and normally they are looking to shift kit so the prices are better.... i do have to question the sanity of anyone who pays a the ticket price of the london show, the car park price and then goes straight to a large store and buys a pair of ski boots at full price rolling eyes Puzzled Puzzled ...why not just go to the store and save the hassle
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Samey , yes. but also also less of everything...... at the NEC.
Maybe have a look at the web sites for the two shows. I looked last week and thought there was more going on in London.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
CEM, ah thanks Colin, that's good to know. I don't want to buy any holidays at a discount and so from what you've said I'm more interested in the kit shifting at the NEC more so. It would be a bit of a pain to go to the London one plus my mate is a non skier so I don't expect it would be particularly interesting for them (not mentioned it yet to them you see).

Seems I get a free ticket for the NEC one anyway and one half price with the SCGB ticket offer.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mikes21, You don't mention where you live - could I hazard a guess that it is within the confines of the M25?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Right thanks all-I'm sorted. I don't think I could be ar*ed with the parking and driving back from London on a Saturday afternoon/evening after the ski show so I've got meself an advance ticket sorted for the NEC one on the Friday. It was only £4.00 for adults in advance for the Friday so not a lot and in case it sells out again. Should (hopefully) be less busy than the Saturday and the Sunday and actually I see the Dive show is on the next 2 days, Saturday and Sunday. Cheers.

Anyone else going to the NEC on the Friday (31st Oct)?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Guvnor wrote:
mikes21, You don't mention where you live - could I hazard a guess that it is within the confines of the M25?
No Manchester, I travelled to both, but will not be going back to the NEC. Sad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5, I'll be there for the duration...not quite sure wherabouts but i am either on the or nxt to the fall line stand Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM, ok. I'll have a look out for you then. Cool
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I was thinking of going on the Friday to the NEC, far nearer than London! Very Happy

Is there any need to book the tickets in advance or is it just cheaper?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scottland, well I could have got in for free with that SCGB ticket offer, but with that offer (AFAIK) you have to turn up on the day and go to the desk to get the free ticket rather than being able to book it in advance, well as far as I could see you couldn't do it but I might be wrong. Anyway, I thought well what happens if it sells out like it did last year, so I thought well for £4.00 it ain't a lot to guarantee going is it, oh and I paid the £7.00 parking as well which is a bit less than if you pay on the day. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ah parking, hadn't thought about that!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy