Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
well we've booked it. week of 22nd feb staying at the astoria. read some really bad reviews of the palais but they were from a few years ago.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've been to Cervinia loads and the worst reports and complaints always seem to be about the Petit Palais. Maybe they've got their act together this year but probably better off in the Edelweiss or the Sertorelli. Both a short walk from the centre and a ride to the ski lifts every morning. I've visited Cervinia both with tour operators and under my own steam (coupla years got the train from Turin and then a bus up the mountain to Cervinia - cheap as chips) Never tried with hire car though - you'll deffo need chains!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Booked this hotel yesterday for the New Year week so would be keen to read about any "do"s and "dont"s.

Is it better to get the local lift pass and pay the extra when you plan to go over to Zermatt. Is the International pass required if you book ski school (I'm a good intermediate).

How good are the First Choice/Crystal ski guides?

Thanks for any responses

Peter
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Esprit, thing is with the Zeramtt link, if the weathers awful it will be closed and so your money wasted - I'd wait to buy the pass until you know what it's going to be like...

Great Resort! have a steak in the Jours et Nuit and a boogie in the White Rabbit! Enjoy! snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
That's red27. Great steaks I can't resist. I'll buy them with the lift pass money you've saved me.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cervinias a great place, soo much varied sking, the long run from the top down is 22km.

as said the drags at the front are now chairs Laughing

Its quite a small town, in all, the bars and restarants are top quality, but cost abit.

best bet for the zermatt pass is to wait until your there, asses the weather, then go for it, in the 2 different week ive been there, its ben closed in the morning say 30% of the time due to wind
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Fil

Another daft question. If you opt for the beginners snowboard lessons and can't get on with boarding can you swap back to good old fashion ski's.

I've got to give boarding a try but it seems such a waste of all my skiing years progressing as did to a competent level. Can you be good enough after 5 school days to board freely on the 6th day.

Cheers
Peter
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I've got to give boarding a try but it seems such a waste of all my skiing years progressing as did to a competent level. Can you be good enough after 5 school days to board freely on the 6th day.

I'd have thought you'd be fine at least on blue runs. I thought I should give boarding a go this year so I've had 2x3 hour lessons and I'd be fairly confident on most blues, I think.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Esprit, I have zero experience on a tray so can't really comment, but you do see a lot of Bambie-Boarders in Cervinia, so I guess it must be seen as a fairly suitable place to learn that Dark Art.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy