Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

forwards, backwards??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
a follow up question after my board binding position, as percentages which is best weight distribution for front and back foot i tend to have 60
% of my weight on the back foot how about the rest of you?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm just a beginner but I find that weight distribution, both front and back foot, and front and back edge, varies constantly throughout the turn - I don't think there's "a" right answer. I found Neil McNab's book, and video (available on Amazon) excellent in explaining how the weight distribution moves from front to back foot, and front to back edge, throughout the turn. Can't always do it, but at least I have a feel for what I'm aiming at and I usually know what I've done wrong to land me on my bum (or face). snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, i should of explained better i am at a level were i can more or less go straight foreward carving to slow my speed [ on the blues anyway ] Razz
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
changes/depends during the turn, but as a general rule when riding - light front foot bias on piste, heavy front foot bias on narrow/flat piste, back foot bias on powder
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
completely depends on where I'm riding*/what I'm doing.

*e.g. in France 60% front in Schweiz 55.4% back.

Oh and if switch then front is back and back is front but I'll subtend the lateral by an average of the root percentage for quickness.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whatever feels right for the terrain. I think i'm deffo putting more weight onto my front foot to help direcion, but it changes for the snow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Go with the flow, do what feels right and above all the most important thing ENJOY THE RIDE.

Its all about experimenting, having fun and not taking it too seriously (unless your a pro and your world ranking depends on it & lets face it non of us are !)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i am allways i bit paranoid that if you have too much weight on the front you will catch front edge and eat some snow Embarassed
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andybabes, having more weight on the front foot stops you from catching and edge and eating snow, it drives the board throught those ski/board tracks that cause you to catch and edge, whereas sitting back a bit on the rear foot allows the front of the board to follow a divot in the snow (in a different direction to how your weight is distributed across the width of the board) - basically the board wants to go to the left, for example, but your center of gravity is slightly weighted to the right - then spat Laughing on the flats any way wink

actually it is not so much as weight but pressure for me, I drive my front foot against the outside of my boot or drive my knee forward, all whilst trying to keep equal weight distribution
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy