Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Rosiere / La Thuile / Espace San Bernardo 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
Yes, it's early.

Yes, the season hasn't started yet.

Yes, I'm aware that I'm not due to hit the slopes until March 8th.

No, I've not even booked so I don't know if I'll even be there.

But that doesn't stop we snowHeads getting all excited about it all, does it? Good.

--

As of now, I'm pricing up some likely chalet-based lovin' for us (that's me, MrsFE and baby TommyFE, who enjoyed his first ever skiing holiday in Les Gets last year immensely, and is now 18 months old and ready to tackle WALKING in the snow). Last year we did luxury with SkiFamille and I can't recommend them highly enough, but this season we have the added complication of bringing FRESH MEAT to the slopes - in the form of our never-skied friends Claire and Nick and their 4 year old son James, who has already developed an unholy addiction to stoke videos on YouTube. Not only do I hope La Roz will be more forgiving for them as beginners, but it might also prove to be that vital few hundred sheets cheaper for them...at least until I introduce Nick to the delights of the vin chaud.

It's our first visit to the Tarentaise as well, so I'm quietly excited about it all, especially given La Roz's stellar reputation around here. I can't wait to sample the simultaneous perfect powder and glorious sunshine 24/7...

Any other snowHeads getting psyched for a jaunt to the San Bernardo this season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope! But have been there on 3 other jaunts and all were fine, including the San Bernadino pass. All 3 were with Ski Espirit, who were great on all occasions. For an introduction to skiing from a beginners perspective, I reckon La Ros hits the right notes. Have fun!!

Edit: It's probably, though not impossibly, likely that your newbies won't quite be up to skiing over to La Thuile. However, there are plenty of runs for 1st weekers to keep themselves occupied and for you to be able to arrange to meet up at one of several eating places. Your newbies may well wish to ski for half a day at a time and then enjoy a half day with their offspring and La Ros is contained enough for the hol to be enjoyable for all concerned in respect of meeting up for lunch in the town.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 25-09-08 20:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh I will...i'm just hoping that the newbies get the bug and enjoy it, and that MrsFE gets over what was quite a crisis of confidence last year and rediscovers the superb technical skier that she is.

And failing that, I'll be off my tits on vin rouge and tartiflette, so no drama...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
'Ros' or 'Roz'? are afficiandos 'Rozzers' or 'Rosettes'?

I think we should be told...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
FastEddie, there are some great confidence building runs to be had there. Notably the blue Roche Noire (from memory). Fast six man chair out of the main area and wide cruisy blue back down. Very confidence-building, not massively challenging - just a nice run and a good un for getting the ski legs back on in the morning.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
FastEddie, La Rosiere will suit you very well I'm sure, there is a very good creche/nursery Les Galopins who will take kids all day, feed them and look after them before, between and after ski school. In our experience of running a chalet in La Rosiere for 7 seasons the vast majority of beginners are able to go to Italy and back by the end of a week. La Rosiere is ideal for begisnners as the slpes are all south or south-west facing so usually sunny and warm, and are mostly wide and well pisted so great for confidence building. The ski schools, without exception, are very well used to dealing with novices and the instructions is of the highest quality. We still own our chalet there although it's now leased it to a small UK based Tour Operator, however my son has three chalets in the village.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
here we go...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
red 27, My vote goes to 'Rosettes' - I can just see them with rosettes pinned on to their lapels, emblazoned with 'I Love La Ros' Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, I have no such interest.
FastEddie, Good choice.
Edit: where did that go?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, where did what go?

FastEddie, a large choice of chalets here http://www.chaletsdirect.com/search/default.asp
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ray Zorro wrote:
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, where did what go?

Your post!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fr0sty the Sn0wman, it is right there - just after yours Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, I dont need you to make me look a tit. I can do that on my own snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, I thought it was fair comment wink snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27 wrote:
'Ros' or 'Roz'? are afficiandos 'Rozzers' or 'Rosettes'?

I think we should be told...

All the cool kids are using Z's these dayz.

Very Happy
snow conditions
Ray Sorro
ski holidays
David L, care to point me in the direction of either your or your son's chalets? Renting from a snowHead worked great for us last year...so I've every confidence Smile
latest report
Fr0sty the Sn0wman wrote:
Ray Sorro

EPIC WIN

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
FastEddie, either www.tracksvacations.com or www.morealps.com
ski holidays
FastEddie, Also in La Ros ran by friends of snowHeads
www.mountainheaven.co.uk
'Our stunning Penthouse in La Rosiere'
snow report
FastEddie, www.tracksvacations.com and www.morealps.com
To be fair, I have only heard good reports about both.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing wrote:
FastEddie, Also in La Ros ran by friends of snowHeads
www.mountainheaven.co.uk
'Our stunning Penthouse in La Rosiere'

Mountain Heaven have several places in Montalbert and offer a quality operation.
I have heard nothing but praise for them. The people running the operation are more mature than the average chalet operator Very Happy
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
The people running the operation are more mature than the average chalet operator Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fast Eddie have you read this thread http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=406789
snow report
Of course I have, Ray Zorro, to be honest I learned to ski in the Vosges, where a chairlift was a novelty and the wind blew the drag lifts twenty feet either side of their supposed route. I think I'll be right at home Smile
snow report
Well it looks like Lance Armstrong (possibly) and the rest of le tour are going to La Rosiere in 2009 wink
snow conditions
Hywel, oh, that's just brilliant...I was trying *just* to get excited about skiing, and you put THAT into my mind...

OMFG Mont Ventoux the DAY before Paris! Immense!
ski holidays
Fr0sty the Sn0wman wrote:
FastEddie, www.tracksvacations.com and www.morealps.com
To be fair, I have only heard good reports about both.

I've experienced both and very much enjoyed them although obviously a chalet holiday is pretty much at the mercy of your fellow guests.
snow report
I've been three times; twice with Crystal and once with Skiworld. All 3 were fantastic weeks and I love the place. Originally I chose it for my first 'solo' holiday as with a family/friendly resort and being smaller I imagined it would be easier to meet up with people and not feel so 'lost' as perhaps I would have in a bigger resort. Whether I was lucky or not, I don't know, but I had 3 fab weeks and met some great people. Last couple of holidays I fancied somewhere bigger and have switched to La Plagne and intend to return there too. I would definately go back to La Ros again at some point but first I want to explore other resorts and widen my experiences. snowHead

FastEddie, You'll have a great time, it's a great place... enjoy Very Happy And try to keep the wind to a minimum ok? Less beans is the best way... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FastEddie, went to La Ros last year and for your group it will be perfect! I really like the little town centre bit - my only complaint was lack of mountain restaurants, but I think i've been spoilt in the past.

We stayed with Tracks Vacations and I can't recommend them highly enough.

Theres a little snack bar on the right hand side as you walk down from the slopes - BLOODY GOOD KEBAB!
snow report
FastEddie, If you want any info on La Rosiere then PM me. A lovely place for a holiday IMHO.
snow conditions
FastEddie, similarly, having done 3 weeks there, feel free to PM if you require any further info. Incidentally, if one of the town centre bars has the usual Rolling Stones tribute band whilst you're there, do make the effort. Its an entertaining evening!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy