Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andermatt question - please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi guys,

I'm thinking about visiting Andermatt in December for a 1 day ski trip.

I am comfortable on red slopes but definitely not black.

If I go up lift 15 and 16 to Gemsstock 2961m, can I stay on number 70 red all the way to Gurschen 2212m? (I think the only connection from red 70 to Gurschen 2212m is via 70b but I think this is closed).

I want to go on this mountain but think it will not be possible. I basically want to avoid getting the black 77 down Sad Please help!

https://www.piste-maps.co.uk/Piste-Maps/Switzerland/Ski-Arena-Andermat-Sedrun-Piste-Map-2018.pdf

Thanks

JT
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@JTizzle, do you just want to go to the top or do you want to ski it? If the former you can just get the cable cars back down again. I can’t remember if you can get down to Gurschen without skiing on a bit of piste marked black or not - but most of the Gemsstock pistes are fairly steep so you may find some of the reds there would be black in other places. Nätschen side is better if you aren’t happy on blacks.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't know the area but looking at the piste map 70b isn't closed, it's unpisted (which might amount to the same thing if you aren't happy on blacks). I suspect 70a (the almost horizontal bit on map) goes back to the lift station but is badly drawn. You might find it clearer if you look for a different/older/newer version of the map.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. It is an easy red run and there is no difficulty getting back from the Gemstock to the lift station.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Worst case you overshoot and get the chair up from below the mid station. Is no big deal. Black run from the top is not that hard either - is usually pisted flat and the snow is frequently good as it faces north. One section above 30 degrees - probably 32/33 so steep for a piste.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi guys

thanks for your replies

to be clear, I want to get the lift from Gurschen upto Gemssock, ski down reds only, and then get lift 15 back down to Andermatt.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JTizzle, As @Gämsbock, said, Andermatt is pretty steep. It's been a few years since I was last there, but IIRC the exit from the cable car at the top of Gemstock is fairly steep and may be a bit daunting for someone who isn't keen on blacks. That said, you could always just get back into the cable car and ride down.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Andermatt can be very cold and icy, I visited at New Year a cople of years ago. The steep black was polished, hard and very difficult to get an edge on. A certain button tow was my entry to a "Worlds Worst Ski Lifts" thread on here. Skullie
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for your advice Smile

Think I will stick to the Naetschen side!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@JTizzle, That would be a pity. The view from the top is outstanding and the descent on the red not overly difficult. Once you clear the top section it is a motorway red. The path at the top is not overly difficult provided you wait and let the fast people go first.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy