Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

www.skiallday.co.uk

Poster: A snowHead
www.skiallday.co.uk - any thoughts?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnnyh wrote:
www.skiallday.co.uk - any thoughts?

yeh spend your money on getting fitter and ski all day without anything artificial strapped to your legs!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Wanna buy some snake oil? Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
There was a long thread on these earlier this year, ISTR.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I get emails daily promising to increase my performance
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
here's a thing... getting fit doesn't cost anything!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Would have thought good for people in recovery, old or simply those on the third day of the week!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
shoogly wrote:
here's a thing... getting fit doesn't cost anything!

Apart from effort and dignity, of course.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Saw them at the ski show last year. Ridiculous.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not really my bag, but surely, as someone in the medical profession, Kramer are there no benefits for those with possible knee, muscle or posture problems who would still love to be able to do more than just a few turns? Like me, I'm sure you also wish for good health to enable skiing until a ripe old, injury free age.... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I saw them at the ski show too, looked very cumbersome, and you have to disconnect the apparatus to sit down, which won't be easy if you've got all the connections under your ski gear! It looked a bit like sitting on one of those hunting stick stools, with a band of fabric (posture strap) behind the bottom that attaches to the downward struts, creating a spring loaded seat effect, that carries your weight. My first worry when I saw one, was what would happened with a side impact fall/contact, with all that iron-work down the leg? They said it would add extra protection, but there is little if no padding on the metal parts, so lots of bruising!

If lactic acid builds up in your muscles (causing them to ache/burn), that’s Mother Nature’s way of telling you to stop and take a rest - my feeling is that by wearing these, it could encourage overuse of tired muscles, as you perhaps won’t feel any damage, until you take the apparatus off! I could be wrong - might be the best thing since sliced bread, but it all seems a bit drastic for what to me is a recreational activity; bit like wearing pistons attached to my legs so that I can ride my bike longer! Confused
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They were at the chill factore demo last month. From what I saw the people that had knee problems ie poor or lack of cartilage (is that how you spell that) or arthritis loved it so there is definatly a place for it in my view.

Just my humble opinion.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The Mojo is gash.

But it is a glimpse into the future.

By 2050, exoskeletons, to enhance endoskeletons, will be commonplace in developed countries.

They have many uses, from construction to sport to health.

They will be powered by nanomotors and connected to the Web 6.0.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Kramer wrote:
Saw them at the ski show last year. Ridiculous.

Yes so did I and how pi$$ed off were the exhibitors, with everyone mocking there revolution in skiing. My 15 year old asked them "do you seriously expect anyone to go down to the boot room with those on Run Forest Run"
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm old, and I don't want any, thanks. But in a few years? When they have improved the design? You never know. If it made the difference between being able to ski and not being able to do so? Maybe. I dare say that the old diehards who first saw ski lifts thought they'd never catch on either.
ski holidays
pam w, well that's when you move on to a Snowbike - just sit there, smile, and wave to people as you effortlessly pass by Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I can't take it seriously 'cos of the name Confused . All a bit too Austin Powers IMO.......
snow conditions
Boris, Laughing Laughing

Seen the things before. Good idea in theory, but who wants to put framework crap over their legs every time they ski?! Maybe when i get old i will use them though Laughing
snow report
Mentioned on p51 of December's DMS&S magazine as part of their "Faking it - a cheat's guide" feature.
snow conditions
"I was left hungry for more. I couldn't help wondering what I might do with all this power and grip on the side of an Alp."
welove2ski.com

Hmmmm..I can't help wondering how much damage it would do to your thigh if/when you wipe out on ice at 50mph Confused
ski holidays
I dont think skiin would be much fun without the physical exertion anyhow..
ski holidays
Oh dear oh dear oh dear...... skiing is a sport right? It's meant to take it out of you, I just love that lactate burn, bring it on. OK so I'm an endorphine junky but these things look to be the equivalent of strapping a 20hp motor to your push bike.

Sport is meant to exert the body! That's why it's fun........
ski holidays
Any of you smug barstewards above got grade 4 arthritis of the knee?

Yeh, thought not rolling eyes
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, if that's who they were marketing at then fair shout. Anything to get people who aren't fully able to ski on the slopes is great, but they're aiming as a "cheat" device for able bodied skiiers.

"The original aim behind ski~mojo was to design a piece of ski equipment that would help prevent skiers getting out of breath and having thigh-burn"

Now that as a goal is in my opinion to take the endurance out of skiing. The strength out of the sport, would you be allowed these at the Olympics (if they work).... never. It's like putting a lift on the uphill Langlauf sections......
ski holidays
Quote:
"The original aim behind ski~mojo was to design a piece of ski equipment that would help prevent skiers getting out of breath and having thigh-burn"

This piece of kit already exists......it's called a coffee stop. wink
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Yes, and knee operated on, husband had 3 ops, best treatment - build up the muscles that support the knee joint, keep the joint active, know when to stop and swtich to Snowbiking!!!!! Toofy Grin
latest report
jonm wrote:
There was a long thread on these earlier this year, ISTR.

Previous thread here Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
SKI Mojos work really well ! I am 79 years old and still ski for 3 - 6 weeks every Jan in Austria, Dolomites and France. I have been using them for many years and they really do work extremely well. They enable older people (you will get there someday maybe ! ) or skiers with dodgy knees etc. to ski literally all day with very much younger friends and family. When you get used to them they are not intrusive at all. The only thing - it is best to switch them off before getting on chairlifts for ease of maneuverability and to avoid floundering about like so many snowboarders on chairlifts do ! So to all those smug young, fashion conscious 'ski athletes' above I suggest you try them before making such ego boosting negative comments !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't worry they're all 11 years older so may well need these now....
snow report
@DECALLENDER,
Welcome to snowHead , this is rather an old thread you have dug up, if you look elsewhere on this site you will discover there are a lot of fans now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy