Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buy boots in resort or in town?

Have you bought boots in resort with a reputable bootfitter? If so do you consider it to have been a good thing to do or did you take a backward step?
I have been happy with the boots i bought in town and am an expert skier, i wouldn't waste my holiday time risking finding the right person in resort.
25%
 25%  [ 17 ]
After several years i discovered a reputable bootfitter in the resort i was skiing in, i now realise what a waste of time it was to have done this in town.
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
I have to have the latest kit before all my piers and therefore have to by boots in town so i have the latest kit before my friends.
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
I bought boot in resort, had a beer, had a laugh, met some like minded people to ski with and ski much better as a result.
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Buy boots in resort, end of.
19%
 19%  [ 13 ]
Rent boots, that way you can prove Charles Darwin wrong.
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Bootfitters that have never worked in resort are like home cooks; passionate and willing but somewhat lacking in that "Je ne sais quoi".
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Can i add that skiing around a banana with a proper COM and the proper Zeppa angle to suit my Dorsiflexional ROM will probably help me pass some time between polishing my brass instruments and playing myself at Scrabble.
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
I like girls and will be the next Hugh Heffner, pumped up on 'Radical Cola' and dancing the fandango for Shits and giggles.
16%
 16%  [ 11 ]
Voted : 44
Total Votes : 67

Poster: A snowHead
Ok, so i'm going to get 'Slam dunked' into the toilet by social and psychological reasons here. But what the heck, onwards and upwards.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I agree with SZK. SOmeone get me a beer.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have done both over the years - Have previously been fitted out at Precision in Val D'Isere (before Jock sold out...) but last pair came from Lockwoods, and were fitted by some small furry bloke in a bandana who smelt of over ripe camembert. Prior to that, the only previous pair bought in town were fitted by some Scottish chap who now plies his trade somewhere just off the M40.....did I do bad?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I prefer my bootfitter to have a good supply of cold beers and pork pies. I can recommend one or two if anyone needs their details.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
All snowheads know that there are only 2 bootfitters in Europe that can actually fit boots. Nobody else knows what they are doing Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
All my piers have burnt down (I wasn't aware they skied anyway)....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Voted relucantly for convenience, but fully intend getting properly sorted at the right places one day.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wont vote on the very loaded question but I do like a good expert fitter that knows what he is doing SMALLZOOKEEPER, whats the opinion on Salomon new moulded shells?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ordhan, We'll see this winter, to start with we won't be putting on the big Scandies feet.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It depends - I've been exploring the options of visiting you in Cham without snow, or CEM in Bicester with fake snow reasonably close. Decided to roll the dice with the local fitters in resort since I know them reasonably well and can do a bit of talking/shopping around this year.... mainly because they're more convenient Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No option for me - I've been happy with my boots bought locally in the UK, but am not an expert skier. If I became expert and felt I needed an upgrade (and could afford one) I might consider a snowHead recommended fitter, but doubt that I could afford the trip to Chamonix and would probably buy in the UK again
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DaveC wrote:
It depends - I've been exploring the options of visiting you in Cham without snow,

Ok noob question, who has the bootfitters in Cham as I might need a minor adjustment made to mine and am quiet at the moment (besides you're only half an hour away)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Personally I'd rather buy & get fitted here and sort out tweaks in a fridge or on a dry slope, then there's no precious time wasted on holiday, even though I do 3 weeks a year I'd sooner not spend any of it arsing about. Also, I've got stupid shaped feet and I knew for certain that CEM would be able to sort me out, I wouldn't have the same confidence that I'd be able to find anyone in resort who would have been able to do the same job (unless I'd made a special trip to Chamonix Smile)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
marcellus, You want our very own SMALLZOOKEEPER at Footworks
snow report
marcellus, Footworks if you are interested.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I'm struggling. no option for:-

'Finding the Best Bootfitter around ,and going out of my way to find him as its worth it'

Chamonix is easy for everyone .. am I missing something?
snow report
 brian
brian
Calm down dear, it's only a bit of sporting equipment. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Cheers guys, I know of Footworks by reputation and have even made clients appointments and taken them there.....just didn't realise it was Smallzookeeper that was all!!
latest report
If the boots are not in the sales I'm not interested.

Colour must match kecks, beyond that it's all sales pitch.
latest report
ebay.

end of.
ski holidays
So - recommended in resort bootfitters anyone?

List of personal or peer recommendation including willingness/ability to tweak during the week?
latest report
fatbob, go for it.... a few to start with...Buck @ FreeRide 3V's, Bruno @ Killy Sports VD
latest report
Quote:

I have to have the latest kit before all my piers

What do ageing Victorian seaside attractions have to do with it?
snow conditions
marcellus, Have a look at the poll thread in Snow events Re: boot clinic 2008
ski holidays
Frank @ Nevada Sport, Tignes Le Lac
snow report
Anyone at Ultimate Ski and RIde boot place, Banff
latest report
I can't say that one is better than the other having bought my only pair of boots in the UK. Perhaps for the sake of balance and research credibility I shall buy my next pair in the resort and feedback later Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
How about the option of "Go to Profeet in London, buy your boots there, have them fitted by experts, break them in at home and get them packed in a bit, Maybe even go to the snowdome or dry slope and ski on them, go back if needed to profeet to grind or adjust (for free) as many time as you like, and then when in resort if you have any problems whatsoever use one of their "fit partners" to do any adjustments (free of charge)"

At the moment their fit partners are in the Three Valleys but sound like a very comprehensive service to me which would give me great fitting boots and wouldnt eat into my valuable holiday time.
snow report
2 extremes in this household. I have to have my boots, liners, and footbeds custom moulded to my feet/legs. Her 'inside the doors', happily buys ski boots off Ebay and has never had any problems!
latest report
go to fall line in chamonix, great boots, great guys and cold beer too.
ski holidays
ChrisP, and you wouldn't work there would you wink
latest report
ChrisP, Fall Line?
latest report
No just bought boots from them last season.

http://www.falllinebootfitting.com/
snow conditions
ChrisP, Welcome to sH's as well! snowHead
ski holidays
ChrisP, just checkin Little Angel Little Angel
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy