Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vans Cirro or Salomon F24

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've tried on loads of boots now and these two seem to be the best.

There doesn't seem to be anything between them but this is in the shop.

My main problems are wide calf, narrow heel and wide forefoot, therefore heel lift!

As I said, both seem ok at reducing this.

Obviously problems may only come to light when you wear them on the slopes but does anyone have a view on either/both?

I want to buy the boots in the next week or so.

Any help greatly appreciated.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jumping Jack Flash, I've got F24s and they come up a bit short in relation to the size chart and will bruise a toenail or two if used for long hikes. But they are reasonably light, quite stiff and as you say, have a narrow heel pocket. I almost went the Vans route but found a pair of new 06/07, 24s for £70 . . . silly not to at that price. As for riding . . if you ride through your legs rather than your feet and ankles then you'll like the 24s. I'd not recommend them for 'stylin' in the park unless you're very strong or heavy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, I'm a skier really and only got into boarding about four years ago (one or two days per week trip) and would say I'm OK at it but as far as a park is concerned, I think the only things I'll have trouble with are the swings and the see-saws with my son! I tried a jump off the edge of the piste three years ago, it was about six inches high and I landed flat on my @rse!!! Never had the inclination to do it again on a board. I don't think I'll ever be as good as on skis but I like to do both and will carry on with it. Thanks for the advice.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jumping Jack Flash, As you're a skier you'll like stiff boots . . which explains your question. Go with whatever really fits the best and for you that'll probably feel a bit like a soft ski boot.
All I do in a park is lay there and bleed . . . internally . . . Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm going this afternoon. Before I do, does anyone have an opinion on the BOA system?

I thought that these might break but the bloke at S&R says that they are pretty reliable and if they do, you can get replacement parts at most resorts.

They don't look that easy to replace to me.

Cheers

Jack
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jumping Jack Flash, I LOVE my boa's ! great for me as I have very little hands and they get very cold so the normal lace set up was a nightmare for me.

I have had them 3 years now (6 trips) and had no problems so far
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I have very little hands

and very little legs and arms and feet and ... NehNeh
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly, but a BIG bite Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy