Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler-Private Transfers from Vancouver Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hitherto we have used the Perimeter bus. This year there is a larger party and I have decided to look at a private transfer.

Anyone done it? How much did it cost? Who did you use and would you recommend them?

Thanks in anticipation.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
malcolm1, How big is your group? We did it last year for 6 of us and got a stretched suv using Pacific Harmony www.limoharmony.com. it cost us CDN$375 + tax & tip each way, which between the 6 of us cost about £10 each more than the perimeter bus. We were staying with friends between downtown and the airport, so cost may vary.

Definitley worth the little extra due to the comfort factor and dropping you off at the doorstep. I basically did a bit of google searching combined with www.whistlerblackcomb.com then pinged off a load of emails to the companies.

The stretched SUV was uber cool (of course a little cheesy) but got 6 of us with skiis and luggage, which filled it to the brim but we had enough space left to spread out and watch dvd's whilst taking in the stunning scenery in comfort! A little advise though, our man got stopped for speeding and then stung with an additional fine due to us quaffing champers in the back with the divider screen down. He wasn't a happy bunny as it basically came out of his tip...

have fun!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
malcolm1,

We did this last year. We used Whistler Taxi (http://www.whistlertaxi.com).

This was principally because the flight arrival time meant that by the time we'd collected our bags etc, we'd have had to wait around for a couple of hours for the next bus. (No thanks, not after a 10 hour flight).

The cost was $220, and we could stop off in Squamish to buy groceries from the supermarket (considerably cheaper than in the IGA in Whistler!)

I'd certainly recommend their service - in fact we'll be using them again, next year.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Group size may be 4 or 5, not definite yet.

What is the going rate for the tip and how do you pay (I assume you pay upfront online for the cost plus tax and cash for the tip?)

Did your pick up at the airport work ok.......basically if we are paying the extra I want to see a driver there with my name on a board, walk out of arrivals, get in a car and be gone in short order. I can forego the champagne....but it might be a nice extra !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stretch limos are very uncomfortable on the Sea 2 Sky (SUV above may be different). Pack out a minibus maybe
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
malcolm1, we used www.ridebookers.com last year - good service, name on board, smiles and chats from driver despite our flight being over 3 hours late ..... and we weren't looking for champers at that hour (about 4 am UK time) - more like cocoa and a big blanket to curl up into - minivan was roomy and comfortable - journey flew by...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We got a Limo to Whistler last year, and I will never get in one again, anywhere, (it was snowing heavily and at one point the back of the limo was sliding about so much that the minibar was on the wrong side of the road!) I was absoloutly terrified! Went back on the bus.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I hire a large SUV from Seattle/Tacoma airport for a couple of weeks about 6 years ago. Cost was about £600. I'm not the most confident of drivers but it seemed a relatively easy drive, even accounting for a slight detour into Vancouver on the way there.

Certainly a trip to remember!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
malcolm1,

Whistler Taxi met us at the airport, loaded everything in the trunk/on the roof rack and dropped us at the door of our accomodation (note: if you are in the habit of packing clothing in your ski bag - a good idea that both protects your skis from the attentions of baggage handlers, and ensures you can pak as much as you need within your luggage allowance - then be sure to pack said clothing in polythene bags. Most ski bags are NOT waterproof, and typical Vancouver weather is pouring rain. Stuff riding on a roof rack can get soaked through by the time you hit the Sea-to-Sky). The pickup was exactly what you describe - waiting at the arrivals gate with our names on a board.

The vehicle was a regular car (comfortable for 4 passengers), but they've got a number of different vehicles to suit parties of all sorts. Our driver was a very friendly and helpful lady who was vastly experienced in driving between Vancouver & Whistler. We paid on arrival using plastic and provided a 15% tip.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
malcolm1, We've been using Whistler Taxi for the last couple of years too and they've been fine. I paid up front by email and then tipped in cash on the day. The only glitch for us was that they turned up without the pre-booked childseat the last time Twisted Evil so I won't be relying on that again. However, it's a good service and it's nice to have someone there to meet you with bags and so on and then load them into the van. Incidentally we've never had a car with them, only a van.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hire a big pimpin truck.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy