Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Needed urgently-Alpe d'huez nanny?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Am currently absolutely livid because Skiplan have just moved the school trip I am organising for December from Val d'Isere to Alpe d'huez because they "have been unable to secure a contract for the property". In which case, why on earth have they been advertising the appartments all year if they didn't have a contract in place. I booked this months ago!

ADH is a decent enough place, but doesn't offer the range and same distance of skiing at VdI, certainly I don't think it does at altitude which is particularly important at that time of year. Anyway, as well as having to explain this to parents, I'm also in a difficult position because we were going en famille and had booked (and paid for) a nanny in Val d'Isere for our two very young children (2 and 1). Does anyone know of a nanny agency who operate in Alpe d'huez-have done the usual Google searches and can't find one.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is it worth trying some of the other companies who operate in Alpe d'Huez? I think Crystal have a creche in the Hotel Hermitage - fairly centrally placed. Their policy is probably only to take children of their own clients of course, but it must be worth a try and it would be good PR for them!! Why isn't the company you booked with helping out with this anyway...... Have skied in ADH three times over the last ten years and would still go back. There are so many different areas to ski in for all levels of skier and some great mountain restaurants. Hope you manage to sort it out and have a great trip.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowhound, Don't panic! You'll have a great time in ADH. December skiing is normally brilliant and there are plenty of options high up as well. I know a very good private Nanny who may well be able to help you out and is based in ADH. If you PM me I can forward you her details Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for your replies. Am meeting their sales manager later today to bash out options. They have accepted that they need to sort out the childcare mess-either by finding us a nanny or enabling us to fly out a sister/parents.
I've tried in the past to muscle in on a creche run by another Tour Operator, but they don't take children if you're not travelling with them-apparently for insurance reasons.

In the end I think we'll be fine in ADH, but let's see what alternatives they might offer. The hotel in ADH is Pic Blanc-looks nice on the website.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank your lucky stars you're not staying at the Hermitage.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Guys, I know its prob a bit late as you were writting last season but your problems have been answered (should be be skiing in the Southern French Alpes again!) Snow Angel Nannies have been set up based in Les Deux Alpes and able to take bookings in Alpe d'Heuz and other nearby resorts!! for more information see www.snowangelnannies.co.uk
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ghost Dog, Laughing though it was a bit Faulty Towers - I had a good holiday staying there, not that I'd book again Laughing I think we got lucky with a lovely waiter and the breakfast was great, proper British sausage and Bacon.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowhound, we've also stayed in the Pic Blanc. The pool was freezing but other than that no complaints. Great location, great food, nice décor etc
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Have you found a nanny yet?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lis.Lum, well it was years ago, so probably sorted something out.....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing besides, the children have probably grown up and moved out by now.... wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
going to ADH in Feb 2013 and need a private nanny desperately..
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://www.snowangelnannies.co.uk
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy