Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Valentine in Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

A group of 6 of us are thinking of going to a Chalet in Les Deux Alpes. Is this a good place for skiing? Does anyone have any experiences of this area? Here is the description:

* 5 minutes' bus ride to centre and main lift, the Jandri Express, where the ski school meets
* Competent skiers can virtually ski back to the door when conditions allow

Any comments welcome!

Thanks,
Henro. Little Angel

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 21-12-04 18:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hang on, you say Val d'Isere in the thread title but Les Deux Alpes in the post. That's very confusing this time of night Confused
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oops, sorry, its late here too!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Henro, Welcome to Snowheads. Chalet Valentine is in the area at the beginning of the village called Le Petit Plan. It's a bit of cheek to say 3mins to nearest piste (well it might be but that piste is very short and goes down to a chairlift to take you to the path "le Chemin des Desmoiselles" which would give you access by ski-ing down to the main lifts.

The chalet itself is OK, wood quite cute etc. It's fairly close to a nice pub called Corrigans, and a long way from others. If you wanted to get the bus to the town then you should expect to change buses at the "Point I". If you can ski you can ski down to the aforementioned chairlift, if not you really do have to take the bus.

However, I don't want to discourage you as LDA is a super resort with lots of everything. I came here about 16 years ago and I haven't felt any desire to go elsewhere, so it must be good.

I like the bit about "the" ski school! There are 4 big ones and several of us independents!!!!

Anyway, have fun & if you want any more detailed info then either check out my website (www.easiski.com) or PM me and I'll get really boring!!!! rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for the info - be as boring as you like!

However, when we phoned up the travel agent the vacancy had gone so I think we'll have to find somewhere else I think!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Henro

Les Deux Alpes

is snowsure. Went 2 years ago. One green back down to resort which was slushy and stoney in places. I took wife for her first time, not the best place to start. Anyway not for beginners. The easy stuff is on the glacier. Cable car on way down in afternoon is busy. So if this is your first time don’t bother, there are a lot better places to ski. I still enjoyed it, especially the guiness.

kb
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kevski, Oh Kevski - didn't you notice the one and a half Km width of nursery slopes in the village? Some of the most progessive beginner ski-ing I've ever taught on. You make it sound like Caringorm! + Lovely green Cretes run at 2,200 + easy blue at 2,600, + 57 hectares on the glacier!

I actually think it's great for beginners, teriffic for very good skiers, but sometimes a bit too challenging for the 2-3 week skier.

Henro, Sorry not to be looking forward to meeting you! Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi Henro

That may be so re village nursery slopes but when we went in feb they were ice in morning and mainly slush by noon. We were just unlucky.
She loved Val Thorens. Unfortunately, cos she needs a new knee getting her to Corcheval and back in a day wasn’t easy. Three valleys for me please. Can you suggest a better resort than the trois or equal to this? That, includes the mountain restaurants as well as the skiing.

Sorry for dissin Les Deux Alpes, I said I enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kevski, You're forgiven! snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just spent a week in Chalet Valentine with Crystal. It is most definitely ski in ski out, the piste, petit aguile (green), runs by the back garden. The petit aguile is a gentle green which links to the rest of the mountain. The chalet itself is quite shabby with creaking beds. There is also a problem with the hot water as there is only enough for a max of 4 people to have a shower per hour, a slight problem in a 12 person chalet. If someone has a bath the rest of the chalet can forget about showering for the next hour at least. There is no wi fi in the chalet which I would expect as standard. The food was nothing special and there could have been more of it. Breakfast was bland with bread (often stale), cereal, and a hot option. The chalet is a 15 min into the resort centre, no hills to climb at least. Nearest bar is a Dutch bar called Vie, only 50 yards from the chalet. Good atmosphere, €5.50 a pint which was average for the resort, also had free wifi.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy