Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First gondolas cross between Blackcomb and Whistler Mountains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Doppelmayr employee Mathias Zudrell rides the carriage of the first Peak 2 Peak Gondola Sky Cabin (photo: Paul Morrison/Whistler Blackcomb)
On Friday, 12 gondolas made the first journey across the 4.4km span between Blackcomb and Whistler Mountains. Mathias Zudrell, employee of lift manufacturer Doppelmayr, rode the carriage of the first gondola to perform visual checks of the gondola's mechanisms. Whistler Blackcomb’s Peak 2 Peak Gondola will officially open to the public December 12, 2008....See: http://ww1.whistlerblackcomb.com/p2pg/
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
About time. Badly needed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whitegold wrote:
About time. Badly needed.

Badly needed for what?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stuarth, come on, it's not that hard. Because in Whitegold's opinion and that of many others it was a pain having to go to the base to cross from one mountain to the other.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Given that Google maps makes it a mere 3.8 miles (as crow flies) between Flegere and Lognan, what are the Compagnie du Mont-Blanc waiting for?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nickski wrote:
stuarth, come on, it's not that hard. Because in Whitegold's opinion and that of many others it was a pain having to go to the base to cross from one mountain to the other.

Except that skiing to the bottom and getting back to the top of one mountain to the other really isn't that hard and in several hundred days of skiing there I can think of only 2 days when I have actually skiied on both mountains in the same day (not counting the bottom bit of course wink ) therefore I stand by my origianl question badly needed for what?
From a summer perspective on the other hand I suppose it would be quite nice...
Also a shame they didn't make the tin sheds at either end a bit prettier, maybe they will when it's all done?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stuarth, makes it easier to justify not selling single-mountain passes?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Arno, Think you might be on to somthing there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All sounds like way to much time on lifts and not enough time skiing Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
stuarth wrote:
Nickski wrote:

Except that skiing to the bottom and getting back to the top of one mountain to the other really isn't that hard and in several hundred days of skiing there I can think of only 2 days when I have actually skiied on both mountains in the same day (not counting the bottom bit of course wink ) therefore I stand by my origianl question badly needed for what?
From a summer perspective on the other hand I suppose it would be quite nice...
Also a shame they didn't make the tin sheds at either end a bit prettier, maybe they will when it's all done?

Absolutely agree with this - completely unnecessary from a pure skiing perspective no matter what Intrawest marketing bollshiite may say. Good for flogging sightseeing "experiences" to non-skiers, bragging rights and inflating ticket prices (despite previous messages tha.t it would be optional) - absolutely.

I've got less time served there than stuarth but have frequently skied both mountains on the same day and it really wasn't a big deal. I suspect around lunchtime on a busy day it may still be possible to win on a point to point race from say Roundhouse to Glacier Lodge by skiing down to the village cf queue times for the peak to peak.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Murdoch wrote:
Given that Google maps makes it a mere 3.8 miles (as crow flies) between Flegere and Lognan, what are the Compagnie du Mont-Blanc waiting for?

Bruson - Tete de Balme lift making the Valais-Mont Blanc superski area a reality (you heard it here second wink )
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stuarth, it is awesome for me.

I can move gates from whistler to blackcomb so easy now (and back again).

before meant

whistler top of garbo to gandy on blackcomb
- ski to creekside, drive to blackcomb base 2, ski to wizard chair, wizard and then solar.

will be
- ski to whistler gondola mid station OR green OR red- then P2P.

marketing dweebs did get upset me testing out gates fitting in the PR demo gondola at the roundhouse with plasma screens in............

for reference gates don;t fit in creekside gondola, and the balckcomb one is a really tight push that most lifties get upset about.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
paulhothersall wrote:
stuarth, it is awesome for me.

I can move gates from whistler to blackcomb so easy now (and back again).

snowHead

So what you're saying is they could have saved themselves a bit of cash by buying you some more gates instead of building you a gate transporter? wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stuarth, yep $58million buys approx 1,000,000 gates, which woudl be an awesome race course..................
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
paulhothersall, I would call it a bobsleigh run - point skis into top and the gate density guides the foolhardy all the way Cool
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy