Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bargains galore...

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone looking for cheap gear I found this bad asss site today - www.snowboard-clearance.com. Can't believe the prices!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cool prices but you can only contact them by email.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yeah but if you read terms then it's run by ellis brigham so should be kosher...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
see they also have a site set up under www.ski-clearance.com although appears to be only there as a test at present so might be worth keeping an eye on.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Interestingly, there is also a test page for...

...you've guessed it...

www.ski-clearance.com
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
50% off last years hardgoods here:

http://www.hot-zone.tv/index.php

lots of colourful clothing too, which i'm led to believe is quite the steeze and pushing out the shizzle.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I am such an idiot...The first website was selling K2 Cinch for £70....I was not planning on buying hardware this season but was thouroughly tempted....After much indecision decided to go for it and they don't have my size anymore... Sad
Same thing with the Burton Impact gloves on another site....

Duh......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The clearance centre for Ellis Brigham's is at Ski Rossendale, they sometimes have some really good gear at knock down prices. North Face ski pants for £50 & Dakine gloves with silk liners for £20 have been my latest purchase.

Best buy was my wifes boots they were about £90 (RRP £250) wrote me a note out to have the liners heat fitted and the toes blown out to fit in the Manchester store.

Wouldn't advise to make a special trip but if your in the area definitely worth a trip to see what they have, I'm lucky enough to pass 3 times a week so I always get the best gear they have on offer even if I don't need it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

if your in the area

is this the same Kel who was correcting the spelling of a first poster just this morning????????????? Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Quote:

if your in the area

is this the same Kel who was correcting the spelling of a first poster just this morning????????????? Laughing Laughing Laughing

can't remember doing that Puzzled Puzzled , Grammar was never my strong point, obviously you'res is much better Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I went to a big sale today in Thun, monster bargains everywhere. Shed loads of 08 boards at 50% off, 08 jeremy jones 500chf/250 quid and EST cartels at 300chf/150 quid. So tempted to get them, if I had found an 08 Dominant there I would have grabbed it. Got myself an 08 black Ronin jacket for 269chf/135 quid and a steezy beeny for 10 bucks.
/theshameofwearinglastyearsmodels
I figured a black ronin jacket is a black ronin jacket, I have one from 06 and it's identical, could teh stab finally be seeing the marketing scams involved with new pictures/lettering/colors on what is basically the same gear as last year.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

could teh stab finally be seeing the marketing scams involved with new pictures/lettering/colors on what is basically the same gear as last year.

Unless it's gold
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
well yeah obviously unless it's gold.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
talking of bargains, i've reports of the first fluttering of the season at tacky max. brief and sporadic flurries, not yet widespread nor settling fully, a small amount of rip curl stuff (including purple goretex 'pants' for £60 , but the old men of the TK mountain in the know say the squirrels tails have become more bushy, and that the main fall is expected in approximately 3 weeks time.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab wrote:
I went to a big sale today in Thun, monster bargains everywhere. Shed loads of 08 boards at 50% off,

I want to go somewhere like that within spitting distance of the M25, does anyone know anywhere?
latest report
stab wrote:
could teh stab finally be seeing the marketing scams involved with new pictures/lettering/colors on what is basically the same gear as last year

Next step: own something that doesn't say Burton on it somewhere Laughing

I do actually own (and like) one Burton thing, which is my Dayhiker pack. I did spend a happy 15 minutes in a gondola destroying the Burton logo with keys/lighter though.

I do realise that in all likelihood I'm just as badly a victim to marketing as you, stab - and probably even worse! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
just looked on www.sierrasnowboard.com and they've just brought internantional shipping back in. Did a few 'test' orders to see about the shipping costs and it's a flat fee of about $65 UPS Expedited regardless of what you buy. Great range on there and despite non of the Burton or Burton-owned companies allowing gear to be hauled across the pond, there's loads of GNU, Ride, K2 and other stuff that's at bargain price.
ski holidays
do note that if you buy from sierrasnowboard you will definately pay import duty, and ups will charge you a handling fee for doing so. sierra won't undervalue on the docket either, so make sure you factor in the extra costs. having said that i bought a board and bindings from there last year - sold the board on for a profit and ended up with a pair of burton missions for around £20 Cool
snow report
Shallimus wrote:
stab wrote:
could teh stab finally be seeing the marketing scams involved with new pictures/lettering/colors on what is basically the same gear as last year

Next step: own something that doesn't say Burton on it somewhere Laughing

Throw in DC and Stussy and it's impossible. Laughing
snow conditions
rogg, bought from the US before and even with import tax added, it's still amazingly cheap. Think I paid about £30 on $350 worth of gear, paid to UPS
ski holidays
Specialman, i know it's still cheap, just wanted to make sure people knew they'd pay more than the total provided by sierra. other people i've dealt with in the states have been more helpful by marking as gift and reducing value, ans also by sending USPS who seem less likely to pay up in customs for some reason.
snow report
rogg, no probs. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy