Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Strolz ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Managed to buy myself a pair of these in January (pre credit cruch disasters) whilst on holiday in Oberlech 'mit familien'. Thought they were the best thing since sliced bread and my skiing improved immediately with them. Then went to St Anton in March with boys for a week and at the end of the week I actually had some brusing on my toes - probably due to the fact that they would have been on for 12 hours a day - 6 hours skiing, 6 hours bopping away to apres cheese. Subsequently used them one day in Aviemore in April and thought they were a nighhtmare to get on.

Just wondered if anyone hass experienced difficulty with them, as they are not cheap and supposed to be the dogs bol**ks according to anyone who owns them. Spoke to loads of German/Austrian/Dutch folk that had them whilst there before buying and they swore by them, typically lasting 15 seasons.

Thankfully I'm going back there in Feb so they should be able to sort, but just wanted to know if anyone had experienced problems with theirs?

Ta
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski, I've got a pair. Don't know about them being the dogs boll*cks, but they are certainly the kippers knickers Toofy Grin If you are having problems then take them back and get them re-fitted ( that's your excuse for going back to Lech )
Yes, they are absolute bitches to get on in the morning. Keeping then snug and warm overnight helps a bit, but I've found that the only thing that really helps is applying excessive force, and even then my feet still let me know they are not enjoying the experience. Of course it's worth it in the end...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
strangely enough anyone who has spent the money on them thinks they are great [or really bad if there is a problem] any foam liner is a little tought to get on , you really need to be in them regularily to get your feet used to the snugness of the liner and develop a technique of getting them on in the morning, as Steilhang has said keeping them warm is a great start, not the cheapest option but hotgear bag is coming to the uk very soon and works really well as it warms he boot through and makes the shell flexible

good luck
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Had my first pair of Strolz boots fitted by a major sports chain who messed it up. Went to Lech to see if they could do anything. They got on the phone bollecked the shop and gave me a new pair of boots (I only paid for the new liner which had been used significantly). Go back to the main shop in Lech, I'm sure they will sort you out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sorry but i don't see finding he boot a bit difficult to get on a fitting problem....

Quote:

at the end of the week I actually had some brusing on my toes - probably due to the fact that they would have been on for 12 hours a day - 6 hours skiing, 6 hours bopping away to apres cheese.

also bruised toes from dancing for 6 hours in a pair of ski boots [probably unclipped] is operator error rather than a fitting problem

clip the top clips up, flex the boot a few times to draw the foot back and loosely clip the lower clips...that way the foot is secured at the back of the boot giving maximum toe space...clipping front clips first causes the foot to be squashed to the front end of the boot and be deformed therefore not allowing room for the toes and putting the foot in the wrong part of the liner
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the advice folks. Nigtmare getting on in Aviemore would have to do with the fact they were in the roof box overnight whilst snowing and not on some heated boot drier in a hotel. Interesting advice CEM, as I was told by Strolz to close top clip first, then work down. Will need to give that a go at Xscape the next time I'm there. (boots were fully clipped whilst dancing as was fearfull of messing up clips, which are not the greatest on Strolz boots). And steihang - kippers knickers is a new one - nice one Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boabski, ah...there in lies the problem...the old roof box trick Laughing Laughing

that'll be a pint in the swan next time i'm home wink
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boabski, take your boots to bed with you next time, and buy some nice comfy shoes for the apres.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
boabski,
I had major problems with blisters the second season, wasn't going back to Lech anytime soon and so bought new boots and chucked 'em. Most people seem to like them though who have them
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, I'm sure my wife would just love that. Hay ho though I'll give it a try
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CEM, You're on
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski, I don't know if they are still around but there was a company making boot heaters that plug into the cars cigar lighter. They looked like two sauages on a cable. Not sure if they work.

i did once put my old rivetted nordica's (GP90's) over the exhaust pipe after they spend a night in the roof box. I wouldn't recommend this Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The OL bought a pair in StA this year (from Albersport) and loves them so far, but it's early days. They are tricky to get on and off, but very comfy (although to be fair she hasn't danced in them yet) and give lots of control (they're not soft by any means). I have a feeling she was told to do them up from the top down, to her surprise; I'll check.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boabski, I have Strolz boots and had some minor problems with them but have found that the Strolz shop in Lech will adjust/re-fit whatever is needed FOC. Take them back! The shop is extremely helpful.
I wouldn't part with mine for the world.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
On the doing up front, the OL was told to do them up from the bottom, which was what surprised her, not from the top.
ski holidays
richmond, Cheers, it must have been the schnapps I had getting them done (to take away the pain!). It all makes sense now
ski holidays
CEM wrote:
...clip the top clips up, flex the boot a few times to draw the foot back and loosely clip the lower clips...that way the foot is secured at the back of the boot giving maximum toe space...clipping front clips first causes the foot to be squashed to the front end of the boot and be deformed therefore not allowing room for the toes and putting the foot in the wrong part of the liner

I can't do up the top clips without doing the bottom ones first. By the time the top clips get done up, the bottom ones are very loose anyway.

that's fat legs and zipfits for you.
snow report
Mosha Marc, then do up the front ones so you can do the top ones then unclip the front ones flex forward a couple of times and do them back up Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boabski wrote:
(boots were fully clipped whilst dancing as was fearfull of messing up clips):

You need better boots for dancing.

snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy