Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SkiWorld - opinions?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with SkiWorld?

We are looking to go with them for a week in a catered chalet in Val disere and were wondered what their reputation was like. I think I would prefer a smaller company but lets see what you guys think....

Thanks

Si
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
simski81, I've only been with them the once to Tignes staying at their chalet hotel the Aigle. I must say I was impressed, everything ran like clockwork, the chalet was very nice indeed and matched up to the website description/pics and the reps did a good job too, coming to the chalet each night to check everything was as it should. That was the first week of the season last December. The staff that ran the Aigle were excellent, food was good, management was good, cleaning of rooms was all good, and the beds were turned down in the evening as well which was quite nice too.

Overall I was very pleased and am going back with them same place this Dec. Not been anywhere other than Tignes with them though.

Have you done a search on the accomodation you're looking at in Val D'Isere on tripadvisor? That's what I always do and that tells you a lot usually.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
simski81, We used them several times as a couple and they were great. Then we took a big group away with them, it was a total and utter disaster (they poisoned the guests, didn't have enough plates for everyone to use, didn't clean the rooms and left us to search the chalet hotel for toilet roll when it ran out...I could go on and on) and their response to our complaint was utterly awful....they are now on my "never ever again" list. (But to be fair there are a lot of companies on that list for one reason or another...perhaps I'm a bit fussy??)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
simski81, The times I've been with them they've been ok.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
we did a "last minute cheapie" with them to Plagne 1800, but it was many years ago. No complaints at all. Chalet hosts were a young and very inexperienced couple but they were hard working, pleasant, and learning fast. It was good VFM overall. OH had to fly home, paid for by insurance, to deal with domestic emergency (freak wind destroyed the roof....) but I decided to stay on my own - pleasant company in the chalet and it seemed a shame to waste the opportunity. wink
we booked accomodation only and took the train under our own steam, so I have no experience of their travel arrangements.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've travelled with them a fair bit in the past, staying in small chalets and some of their large 'chalet-hotels'. I tended to stay in their cheaper places, so you know in advance that the food budget won't be sufficient for fine dining and the accommodation is going to be a bit tired. The main issue has been the variability of their staff: sometimes excellent, mostly OK, but sometimes dire.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
simski81, Went to Les 2 Alpes with them 2y ago, budget chalet hotel. Food better than anticipated, staff maintained their enthusiasm despite being end of season. No gripes. (Other than the charter flight, we're back to DIY now with fingers crossed that the airline doesn't go into insolvency)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been to VDI, ADH & Meribel with them. I found them great, as some people mentioned above I have had quite a few "thats better than I expected" experiences.

Friend of mine has worked for them for 2 seasons and had a great time on the other side of the fence.

Luck of the draw though really, but I would gamble that they are better than most.

Taemo
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Went with them this year to val Thorens. No complaints (although the resort rep was a bit dippy and the kitchen smelled a bit). I would book with them again. Chalet staff were great and took on board our suggestion of putting out the veges first so people could start to help themselves as the main plates came out, rather than the other way round which meant you could be waiting 10 mins between getting your main plate and the veges. Simple things like this make all the difference !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Been with them a few times, cheap & cheerful, you get what you pay for. Chalet-hotel in Courchevel was alright. Chalet in Meribel (Fleur des Alpes) was rubbish, broken lightbulbs didn't get changed even after complaints, missing plugs in basins, taps that wouldn't shut off, radiators that wouldn't turn down so every night was sauna time. Food shaky, rep was terrible, didn't even turn up one night for one of their outings. Would only use again if v v cheap.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I wouldn't recommend Skiworld to anyone. My holiday was ruined because of them. This company knows nothing about customer service - they don't take complaints seriously and have been absolutely awful to deal with Sad They are not interested in retaining customers, only in making a quick dollar! I will never use this company again.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jan wrote:
Went with them this year to val Thorens. No complaints (although the resort rep was a bit dippy and the kitchen smelled a bit). !

We've used them a few times. Always happy with them and good VFM.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 9-03-13 18:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
simski81, Been to VDI stayed at Chalet Tolima............. chalet was 5* and great service/standard.
Stayed at Chalet Alteposte in St Anton.................. 4* plus.............. half-decent/comfortable, shortish walk to lifts etc, only issue was flights out of LGW only.

ONLY ever paid less than half original price as a late booking. Would never consider brochure price, as standards and value vary immensely.

In comparison to other TO's I've been with (Ski Total, Crystal Finest, VIP, Ski Amis, Meriski,) Ski World are only really value for money when heavily discounted. They are only really half-decent, food half-decent, wines half decent (just), accommodation a bit better than half-decent at 4*-plus and above.

I'd now never consider any chalet less than 4* plus and above, ordinary chalet service tends to be rather mediocre.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimastaaah, The original posting by simski81 was dated 2008, so replying to him probably isn't relevant know. Reactivated by ydargo today], but he\she already isn't happy with them.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 9-03-13 13:22; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Their rats were infested with cockroaches, the cornflakes were rancid and tasted like they were scraped off unwashed feet, the chalet girls smelled of stale pee, and we had to share the table with weirdo pikeys from Cheadle. When we mentioned this to the rep, he just laughed. My psychotherapist said I should never leave the house again and our lawyer thinks our lives are ruined.
latest report
They were good the one time I went with them to Tignes. Think it was more luck than judgement because the rep who met us (very delayed flight so mini bus taxi from Moutiers with French driver) spoke minimal French - her directions being limited to "EE CEE" "EE CEE" and pointing wildly for the turnings for the various chalets. Food was really nice - but we had a very good and organised chalet host who got things done. We had the whole chalet as a group, so most of us didn't bother with the apres/activities. Like most chalet holidays it's dependent on the host.
latest report
moffatross wrote:
Their rats were infested with cockroaches, the cornflakes were rancid and tasted like they were scraped off unwashed feet, the chalet girls smelled of stale pee, and we had to share the table with weirdo pikeys from Cheadle..

So apart from the Cheadle bit it was ok?
snow report
blahblahblah wrote:
moffatross wrote:
Their rats were infested with cockroaches, the cornflakes were rancid and tasted like they were scraped off unwashed feet, the chalet girls smelled of stale pee, and we had to share the table with weirdo pikeys from Cheadle..

So apart from the Cheadle bit it was ok?

No not really. All our skis and those of most of the other guests were stolen from the locker room by an Eastern European gang and we think the Cheadle pikeys tipped them off because they didn't get their stuff nicked. We were too frightened to say anything to them on account of the horse's head. The police weren't interested either, even after we told them that the other chalet guests included a JP, a Senior Partner in a Law Firm, 2 Army Officers, and a couple of Public Sector Senior Managers.
snow report
Used Ski World in France, USA and Canada 1991 - 2010 and all been fine - even to extent of getting parcels delivered to USA chalets to be there when we arrived.
ski holidays
Went to VDI with them this January, first time we used them and can't fault them. Stayed in The Lodge, chalet board in a hotel setting and was very happy with it - good food, service and staff were great, had a ball.

Which accommodation are you considering simski81, ?
snow report
Quote:

considering

or considered? (about 4.5 years ago)

1st post rants by people that dig up ancient threads are the most unreliable "reviews" on the 'net.
snow conditions
FraserP............ Spotted that, and that ydargo, has the one and only post. Just generally adding to a redundant thread. jocrad, seems happy enough, though!
ski holidays
Ooops!! Didn't read the dates!! And yes I was happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy