Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyjet cancellations

Poster: A snowHead
Kel, well done, often google is more reliable (and friendly) than cocky know it all snowheads
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timmaah,

as my wife is a teacher we are totally fixed on dates and therefore peak prices
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Paddy's Daddy, For the half term week (14th Feb) you can fly Stansted to Karlsruhe Baden for £60 return with ryanair. That price includes taxes but not bags or booking fee. From Karlsuhe Baden you could hire a car for your family for around £300. I've not measured it but would guess that you are about 100-150 miles further away from your destination than had you gone to Basel. Presumably you could get public transport, but I haven't looked at that, but maybe taxi to Baden Baden and then a train from there would work.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow! I never realised so many issues could come out of one posting! Even Shorrocks and squirrels (they’re all dying off with a virus by the way)!

My intention is making the posting was to alert others - now we see Doncaster-GVA ThomsonFlyhas been pulled. LPL-BSL still showing on EF site but nothing available for season – check.

My interpretation is that the cheaper the seats, when purchased, the more likely the flight will be pulled -it's about profit or at the moment covering costs/minimising loses. EJ say they will refund me in 4-6 weeks’ time.

Thanks to all those with suggestions, and debate, on alternative travel. As I said, we’re stuck with half term and a 1700 mile round trip in a car, with kids, really can turn a break into a chore – especially the return leg.

Here’s to 2010.

Paddy’s Daddy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paddy's daddy wrote:
Wow! I never realised so many issues could come out of one posting! Even Shorrocks and squirrels (they’re all dying off with a virus by the way)!

My interpretation is that the cheaper the seats, when purchased, the more likely the flight will be pulled -it's about profit or at the moment covering costs/minimising loses. EJ say they will refund me in 4-6 weeks’ time.

Paddy’s Daddy

That's the way I see it, I could not believe it when BA were offering New-year Sat-Sat flights for £107.50 return all in, inc ski carriage. which is why I was prepared to inconvenience myself and fly from Gatwick.

Shouldn't be allowed, people make plans around flights, you would not be able to pull out of the contract with no penalty, so why can they. Airlines going bust is one thing, pulling routes and not offering an alternative is another.

Would I still fly BA, didn't have much choice on a recent business trip to Bologna. rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Taking the wife and some friends to Manchester airport today. Easyjet, Manchester - Tenerife, Saturday flights, booked back in Jan for about £125 return, will they make it Laughing Laughing Laughing .

You've got to let them have a Girlie trip, it gives you so much leverage. NehNeh NehNeh NehNeh
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kel,
Quote:
That's the way I see it, I could not believe it when BA were offering New-year Sat-Sat flights for £107.50 return all in, inc ski carriage. which is why I was prepared to inconvenience myself and fly from Gatwick.

Shouldn't be allowed, people make plans around flights, you would not be able to pull out of the contract with no penalty, so why can they. Airlines going bust is one thing, pulling routes and not offering an alternative is another.

Getting back to the theme ... I totally agree that something is wrong , although offering alternatives may not be the only thing that needs tightening. The practice has become increasingly prevalent with online booking engines. This year it is disgraceful with airlines ( and one in particular) seemingly 'allowing bookings' not only before their slots have been approved but before their operating plans have been finalised .. despite publically stating that they are going to 'cut services'.

I think this is made even worse when they offer to repay in 4-6 weeks time. Given the importance of 'cash flow' to airlines generally, and particularly at this time , it could even be seen as bordering on 'fraudulent' to collect monies and then drag out the time to repayment for such flights.

Time for the CAA to do something useful and :-
a) Introduce better rules on which flights and routes are made available for sale and
b) Ensure that refunds due to airline cancellations are immediately repayable without demand by the inconvenienced booker and
c) Put the onus on the airline to help the inconvenienced travellers

... could of course wait for Europe to act rolling eyes
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paddy's daddy wrote:
now we see Doncaster-GVA ThomsonFlyhas been pulled. LPL-BSL still showing on EF site but nothing available for season – check.

Donnie - GVA still showing on Thomsonfly, still allowing bookings and I've had no email that my Jan trip with them has been cancelled.....

EG

one-way
Adult £ 4.99
Thu, 08 Jan 09
Flight TOM 1387 17:50
20:40 Depart
Arrive Doncaster Sheffield (DSA)
Geneva (GVA)

one-way
Adult £ 17.49
Sun, 11 Jan 09
Flight TOM 1388 22:00
22:55 Depart
Arrive Geneva (GVA)
Doncaster Sheffield (DSA)

1 Adult £ 4.99
Taxes & charges £ 25.00

1 Adult £ 17.49
Taxes & charges £ 15.50

Total Price £ 62.98
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just checked Gatwick to Basel and this is the message

"Book a cheap flight
The route you have selected is for sale until 28 March 2009. Please check the 'Timetables' section of the site for full details of all easyJet routes."

Damn had my eyes on this route it was about £50 return
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timmaah wrote:
It appears you think I have said that people who visit the Costa Del Sol are xenophobic. You have misread my post.

I think you miswrote it, if you did not intend to say tat.

I suspect English is not your first language, and the sentence preceding that was subtly wrong as a result.

You said "One would think it doesn't make you xenophobic, but that's simply not the case", where from what you now say, I suspect you actually meant "One would think it would make you not xenophobic, but tat is simply not the case".

Those two sentences mean very different things, and if the second was what you actually meant, I quite agree.

Quote:

So because I have noticed something about the general mindset of Brits in general that makes me xenophobic? Very Happy Oh please.. You're pretty amusing alex, I'll give you that much. You enjoying your bubble? rolling eyes

The fact you think there is such a "general mindset" makes you at least somewhat bigoted, if not actually xenophobic.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oi!! This posting was supposed to be to inform snowheads of EJ problems, not for point scoring on unrelated matters.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
paddy's daddy wrote:
Oi!! This posting was supposed to be to inform snowheads of EJ problems....

Back on EJ problems, I've just received an e-mail from EJ saying the flight from Liverpool to Innsbruck I'd booked for 29th January has been cancelled Evil or Very Mad Interestingly they don't make any mention of the return flight, but there is only one booking reference to cover both flights so I guess both have been withdrawn.

I'll now have to rethink my plans - fortunately I'd not yet booked any accomodation.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What next?.......................LPL-GVA?

Perhaps it's time to tell the media - e.g. Saturday's Telegraph Travel pages. If EJ can pull flight just because they think they'll get a better offer/save money, what standing does any booking (a contract, surely?) have?

PD
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We have booked Lvpl to Insbruck 18-30 Dec. I am waiting for the cancellation and will be very pleasantly surprised not to get notice. The airlines appear to be doing this willy nilly and the authorities are letting it happen. It is now time for this practice to stop. How about a £30.00 cancellation fee for each ticket added to the refund? At least this would make them think twice before pulling flights. Evil or Very Mad

Our Feb filghts have now been pulled. The robbing tw*ts...

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 25-09-08 13:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had my easyjet Innsbruck to Bristol flight on Mon 2nd Feb pulled, which is a real pain because I was just putting in a sneaky weekend Friday to Monday !!! The only option is to change from Mon to Sun which makes the weekend rather short.

The annoying thing is that they only offer a refund or transfer for just the one leg of my return flight !!
snow report
A group of us had our EJ flights cancelled before going to the PSB one year. Fortunately Linds spotted it well in advance as they weren't planning to tell us until 2 weeks before departure. I think it may have been Michelle's influence that made them reimburse us by sending a £25 voucher that could be used against another booking, but I don't believe this to be the norm.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro, I had a comment from the lads that they wanted to ski the Friday afternoon (rather than settle in and drink beer) because some were coming back on the Sunday, which means Easyjet must have actually cancelled the Monday flight some time ago otherwise the lads who booked a few months later than me would have also been on the Monday flight. It would have been nice to have been told that the flight no longer existed ..... a bit earlier
snow report
Quote:

EJ flights cancelled before going to the PSB one year. Fortunately Linds spotted it well in advance

Ray Zorro, I remember I was on nights so nobody was awake to tell them Laughing
ski holidays
Aaargh. Sleazyjet just cancelled our outward flight to Munich fae Edinburgh on 21 Jan. I have a "transfer or refund" button to press, but the only other flight by them is Stansted at 7am!

Barstewards!
ski holidays
Scared now, as I have about 6 flights booked with Easyjet at the moment!
ski holidays
We have had our return from Geneva to Luton at the end of a Tignes bootcamp trip in November cancelled, fortunately as we are not time critical on getting back we could rebook something later. All these cancellations does make me glad we drive for the majority of our trips!

It does seem unfair - once I have paid for a flight I can't change it or cancel it without losing all my money, but the operator can cancel as much as they like with no loss to themselves!
snow report
I think this situation may be becoming worthy of a news story.
Would anyone like to compile a list of the flights we know have been cancelled recently and by which airlines pls.

Now might also be a good time to double check your own flights to see that they're still planned to go ahead.
latest report
BBC Watchdog may be interested too?

Clever money making scheme? Sell flights 6months ahead knowing that 90% of people won't book accommodation until much later. Then cancel and resell those seats at much higher price, knowing that nobody will claim on insurance because 1. they offered full refund and 2. the excesses probably cancel any claim for further costs. If they're quoting European Regulations when offering refund, then they are doing it to deflect likely further claims against them for things like prepaid hotels, rental cars, etc.

Just pure speculation, but to me, something smells fishy.
snow report
admin wrote:
Now might also be a good time to double check your own flights to see that they're still planned to go ahead.

yes worth everyone checking to see if your flights are still available, because there seems to be a lag between the flights being dumped and the airlines informing you !!!
snow report
 brian
brian
easyjet have dropped their Tues and Thurs flights from Edinburgh to Milan Malpensa, other days seem unchanged.
snow conditions
andy, if it smells fishy it is normally a fish !!! Laughing
ski holidays
Easyjet have dropped some flights to Geneva from Edinburgh. I was planning to fly out 6/12 and had been watching the flight price but was waiting in case Easyjet had their free ski carriage offer again when the flight suddenly disappeared. They used to do a flight to Geneva from Edinburgh everyday but if you look at their schedule now there are quite a few holes so there must be a few people who had booked these who have had their flights cancelled.
ski holidays
I like the idea of compiling list of cancelled flights and perhaps seeking wider publicity - at the very least it might prevent other families experiencing disappointent. Last Saturday's Daily Telegraph Travel section talked about people going back to packages rather than DIY.

And something may very well smell fishy - how nice for EJ have to have access to interest free loans - that's what they're getting.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
They're dropping like flies. Outbound Edi-Muc on Wednesday cancelled, I checked availability of out Thurds back Monday, was ok, next day the Thursday and Friday flights have gone. Now having to go out Sat back Wed, fortunately or flat is still available for those days but this is becoming ridiculous. I'm flying toLGW for half term (no I'm not staying more than one night, off to Sivota) starting to0 think I'd be safer driving down.
ski holidays
i must be one of the luckier ones at the moment
my ej flight to innsbruck is still there
it cant be anything to do with fuel costs as they should of already secured the price for next year
latest report
I noticed a while ago that Ej's Geneva flioght from East Midlands was no longer operating daily, but so far Newcastle-GVA winter service appears to be running every day. Still reduced though as it used to run year round.
ski holidays
My Liverpool / Geneva and my friend's corresponding Malaga / Geneva flights are OK at the moment. Still the same number/times each day so far........fingers crossed
snow report
paddy's daddy wrote:
I like the idea of compiling list of cancelled flights and perhaps seeking wider publicity - at the very least it might prevent other families experiencing disappointent. Last Saturday's Daily Telegraph Travel section talked about people going back to packages rather than DIY.

And something may very well smell fishy - how nice for EJ have to have access to interest free loans - that's what they're getting.

Not just EJ. BA pulled my route 3 months ago, still waiting for a full refund on the car hire which was booked through them. They can't seem to understand that I don't want car hire from Grenoble, because I won't be going there, neither have they refunded the CC charge !!.

It is like talking to the proverbial brick wall I have put it in the hand's of the my credit card company and they have told me it is a commonplace but they will get ALL my money back.
ski holidays
...... back to interest free loans: if EJ and others take weeks to refund your dosh - on top of having it for months - it helps their cash flow, and can prevent you from making alternative arrangements. We had the same thing this summer with Homebase and garden furniture - took weeks, someone called on Thursday to arrange a delivery slot, then on the day. no delivery and when I called, the order ‘couldn't be fulfilled’, refund took a while - they must have known order exceeded demand, manufacturing had stopped, easy money. If you can’t borrow money in the financial markets – borrow it from the customers!
latest report
Say you have two flights per day to Geneva. On a particular day one is 50% full so far, and the other only about 25%. It's arguably a better gamble to cancel the latter (assuming that most of the passengers will accept the offer to transfer to the former), to yield a mostly full plane, still with a bit of headroom for future bookings, meaning you guarantee to run that flight at a profit with the gamble being that you lost the possible opportunity to run two flights at a profit. I bet that's the logic in the Easyjet boardroom.

Sorry, just thinking out loud,
ski holidays
paulio wrote:
Say you have two flights per day to Geneva. On a particular day one is 50% full so far, and the other only about 25%. It's arguably a better gamble to cancel the latter (assuming that most of the passengers will accept the offer to transfer to the former), to yield a mostly full plane, still with a bit of headroom for future bookings, meaning you guarantee to run that flight at a profit with the gamble being that you lost the possible opportunity to run two flights at a profit. I bet that's the logic in the Easyjet boardroom.

Sorry, just thinking out loud,

They ain't offering a suitable alternative in most cases Shocked Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy