Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Old style K2 Extreme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just getting back into skiing after the usual enforced absence(otherwise known as kids!!)

I still have my old K2 extremes which at the time were my pride and joy.
Having skied regularly on these and loved every minute, and at pains to ditch them.

Will buying a new pair really be that much of an improvement??

Any comments would be really appreciated.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pediman, Welcome to Snowheads Very Happy . Well, I had a pair in 1989/1990ish - their launch co-incided with The Blizzard of Ahhhhhs movie. At the time they were the cutting edge and considered quite shaped but by today's standards are pencil thin straight skis. Mine were 201 but I now use something over 30cm shorter so I'm guessing yours will be on the long side too. I think you should have a shot on something new... Atomic Metron or similar and I predict you won't feel inclined to go back to the old ones once you have got used to the new. Your technique will probably need tuning if you are to get the best out of the new skis. Also, if your Extremes are as old as I think they might be and you intend using them, it goes without saying that you should get the bindings tested.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Very Happy

Have still used them at Snowdome Tamworth. Get some very strange looks as at 200 they are way long.
Still in good nick and the multi coloured bases still look the business.
Have just moved up to Edinburgh so Hillend is 10 mins away and i'm now in striking distance of the Cairngorms should it snow this winter!!
Can't wait!!

What are the differences in technique??
I'm so out of the loop!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You do know you can get a new version of your pride n joys with the same graphics?

http://www.snowtrax.eu/proddetails.asp?idprod=1876

Rent or buy a couple of ski movies to see what modern technique looks like I'd suggest -if you're a solid skier on 2m straight skis though you should find modern skis a piece of wee wee.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
pediman, I only managed a few days per season in Scotland between 1998 (1st son born) and 2003 (younger son leaveable with grandparents), during which time the shaped ski revolution reached critical mass.

So on my return to the alps I treated myself to a nice new pair of carvers (went from proper 205cm, 63mm waisted speed machines to 181cm 70mm fatties wink ). I struggled a bit with the adjustment at first (too damn turny) but once you get used to them and come to terms with how much more the ski does for you versus you having to do things for the ski, the difference is remarkable.

... and then of course you get into a modern off piste ski. Like all of us who struggled through the crust and slush on old skoolers (even turning to, gasp, snowboards on occasion), you will not believe how easy these young whippersnappers have it !
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah but they look a bit too much of a park ski for me.

If i can get enough evidence that i need to change might be able to sneak them past my 'other half' !!!

Are there any decent rental places in Scottish resorts that have good skis?? Scott Missions/Apache Recon and others of that ilk?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pediman, May I suggest some recycling of your old skis, new garden furniture maybe : www.holycowdesignwerx.com/skichairs.htm wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
saw some of the new ones the other week and had to look twice..... had some of the old ones and broke em and thought I would never find another ski I really liked.... found loads since that put a smile on my face
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pediman, Welcome to Snowheads. I was in exactly the same position about 8 years ago. Still skiing on K2 Extremes, after not skiing much for several years due to kids. I still have the Extremes (204s), and since they were the best skis I'd ever had, I found it difficult to replace them. I skied on Salomon Xscreams (maybe because they sounded similar ??) for several years. I was very disappointed in the Recons, and currently ski on Missions, which are great. They won't feel anything like your Extremes, but I'm sure you would have just as much fun on them.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy