Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SKI TO REPLACE METRON B5's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am considering replacing my MB5's not because I want anything different because I absolutely love what they do.But they are just so goddam heavy. Is there a ski with similar bombproof edge hold and a bit of floatability for forays offpiste that weigh a little less?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-09-08 16:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley, plenty, some more stats about yourself?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hedley, some 2x4 might be more fun though.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
arv, 1.82m,85kgs,advanced skier confident in all terrain etc.
I have skiied lots of other skis and have another pair for powder days,but have yet to find anything as good as the B5.
I seem to prefer a very torsionally stiff ski. You have to REALLY ski the B5,s but that is my skiing style.
The B5 gives you a feeling of invincibility,never ending edge hold, it is very hard to find its limit and is more than acceptable when you get a bit of soft stuff to play in.
As an allround ski for most conditions it is hard to beat.
Why do I want to change them?I dont really,but they weigh around 7.7kgs Shocked and are a great big lump to lug around,both in resort and in airports etc
Skis seem to be getting lighter,if there is a ski out there that will be as good allround and give me that solid solid feel of the B5,then I would be interested.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor, 4x2 would be lighter,and maybe better in a straight line. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hedley, you've certainly had your £'s worth out of those B5's wink

I'd recommend the new Atomic Nomad Crimson 'ti' model (with the titanium top sheet) in 176cm length. Not as turny as the B5 but wider underfoot & they come in at over over a kilo lighter which is a lot considering they're 10mm wider underfoot & 14cm longer than your B5. I had a freeby pair of the current non-metal top sheet Crimson's & they were superb but the new metal version has even better torsional stiffness (matching the M:B5 & the SX:B5) so they'll certainly give you that great Atomic edge hold. The Neox's on the new Crimson's are now third generation & are a lot lighter than your first gen ones. As a big B5 fan I guarantee that you'll find the Crimson's a blast.

You'd also really like the High Society FR's that I'm on as they're pretty stiff both longitudinally & torsionally & give excellent edge once they've been fettled with 3 degree edge. We've still got a couple of pairs of 07/08 FR's at bargain prices but to be honest they're a lot closer to your powder skis than the B5's so the Crimson's would make you a better two ski quiver.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
spyderjon

i'm 12 stone skiing B5 162 - & much as i love them also a bit fed up with carrying them! (need to do it a lot in some of the resorts i teach). But i do like the shorter ski.. What length is comparable in the nomad crimson?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
riverwhy wrote:
spyderjon

i'm 12 stone skiing B5 162 - & much as i love them also a bit fed up with carrying them! (need to do it a lot in some of the resorts i teach). But i do like the shorter ski.. What length is comparable in the nomad crimson?

riverwhy, M:B5 in 162cm = Nomad Crimson (non ti) in 176cm
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bug! I knew you were going to say that. Only last season i got an excellent wheeled bag to take my skis, boots and a fair bit of gear.. but it's only 165 long!!

how about the ti ?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
riverwhy wrote:
bug! I knew you were going to say that. Only last season i got an excellent wheeled bag to take my skis, boots and a fair bit of gear.. but it's only 165 long!!

how about the ti ?

riverwhy, not sure but the 169ti might be stiff enough but if you like the 162 M:B5 then I'd still go for the 176 in the ti.

I think the Crimson's in either std or ti version is only available in 169, 176 & 183.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spyderjon wrote:
I think the Crimson's in either std or ti version is only available in 169, 176 & 183.

155 & 162 as well (according to the atomic web site)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i've seen the nomad crimson in 162.. at which length for me i'd guess inferior to the 162 B5 ? Looking really to improve my bump & powder skiing this season..
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
riverwhy, Black Crows, Navis in 176cm, you'll fly.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy