Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes in December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

This is my first post so please be gentle.

Some friends and i are looking to go to Tignes in the week beginning 15th Dec but we wasn't too sure where to stay.

Does anybody have any good experiences or advice on hotels or apartments preferably in the Val Claret area.

We are all young 20's if it helps.

A huge thank you in advance,

Ben
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
willow, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I'm no expert on Tignes as I have only been once and stayed at the levanna - which was very nice, handily placed within the town and ideally placed at the bottom of the trolles run.

Details here http://www.levanna.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've stayed in the Diva a few times. Food normally OK, good bar in the basement (The Crowded House), centrally located in the upper part of Val Claret with lots of other bars and restaurants nearby and close to a couple of late night clubs (Blue Girl and Melting Pot), and you can ski fairly close to and from the hotel.

Welcome to snowHeads Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I've stayed in the Diva a few times. Food normally OK, good bar in the basement (The Crowded House),

Puzzled As far as I know the Crowded House is in the centre of Val Claret - ie about 5 mins walk from the Diva. And the bar in the Diva was upstairs (next to the restaurant) the 3 times I've stayed there.....

Would still recommend the Diva as a good choice - good facilities and great spot for both skiing and restaurants/bars (plus bus to Le Lac for a change of apres ski scene). Their half board prices generally include a lift
pass - which works out cheaper than buying the pass separately.

A cheaper alternative is Hotel Curling - smaller rooms/more basic but decent enough. More or less ski to and from the (back) door as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Crowded House bar is under the Curling not the Diva - at least it was last year. We found the Diva rooms and facilities to be fine but the evening buffet meal was poor. The Pizza 2000 place got a lot of business from us as a result.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
willow, If you want an apartment try here.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ben

I stayed in Odalys Chalet Alpina, in the lower part of Val Claret, the hotel part, not the apartments and found it cheap and good value overall. I went in mid-December 2007 and found the service in the restaurant good as it was a quiet week. It's very close to the lift, only a short walk over the road.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are all young twenties, consider Lavachet - this is where many of the Brit seasonnaires have their accommodation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We've stayed in the Diva and the Curling. The Diva wins hands down on quality, food and location, it can be expensive though. The curling was noisy, food wasn't bad, most of the staff were good. It's a tour-up hotel though whereas the Diva is a proper hotel and so much higher quality
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all,

A massive thank you for all of your suggestions and comments.

We decided to go with the Village Montana Apts in Les Almes in the end. It had everything the group wanted except the Val Claret location that i wanted Sad but hey at least we are going Very Happy

We are just waiting for the train tickets to become available then we will be all set.

Ben
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy