Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2008/09

Poster: A snowHead
chris, particularly on April Fools Day............... ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chris, yep looks pretty green from where i'm sitting wink

Helen Beaumont, would be my wedding anniversary today, if we hadn't split up 3 weeks ago. Nicer weather today than it was then mind!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowangel., Sad . you're having a bad time at the moment.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, oh it was a mutual desicion. I have lost 5kg since LIam's fall Very Happy that makes me very happy! I'm actually really good, am having a lot of fun right now, i'm sure when interseason arrives it will hit me, when all my friends go home!

still no sign of the forecast rain/snow
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Other daughter out now with a friend who has never seen snow let alone skied - so all pretty stressfull for your trul,y waiting for all the females to get their "stuff" together - good deal on the lift pass for beginners, and my daughter with her Uni pass gets a reasonable discount - she skied well today in the slush, her legs are now aching - think she's still bed whilst I'm in the Frog waiting for them all doing some work etc - very good band playing again.........

Light drizzle was falling when I walked down here, think it's all going to be pretty dank over the next couple of days...........
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snow back with a vengence last night/ this morning. Up on the 1st lift
to find 30-40cms of fresh. Very Happy Very Happy No access to the best parts of the off-piste, but spent the morning skiing the powder on Le Bois. Superb! Even the pistes were great with castor sugar snow, although below 1900m, it was a little like water skiing. Great fun. No one around.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chris, snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowHead

Awesome pic!

See y'all Sunday!

Matt
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chris, Oohhh,,, Crying or Very sad
Have a great trip Mattmulkeen,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yesterday not so good, heavy & poor viz, today woke up early and noticed an unexpected frost which encouraged me to get up the mountain quickly and to get up (again one of the first) on the Balme lift and then do the steep lines just past the rope in Cucumelle direction, and as hoped for was greeted with much better snowpack & viz, ripped some nice pitches on the board, did three lifts and my tracks were still the only ones each time - did not go under the rope as risk way too high at the moment on steeper gradients, further down the cucumelle run they'd been balsting all the North facing slopes.

Then back home, out on the skis to go into teacher mode on the Micki slope by the Grotte - my "pupil" did well, not scared of going for it, and alter on did the "long" green all the way back from Aravet, then over to La Grave to see the fete happening over there as it was the Derby..........teenagers not impressed so had to leave earlier than I wanted .............javascript:emoticon('Sad')

Avalanche Risk Report here http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0917-major-pounding-for-the-southern-alps/

Sad
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nice morning up there, didn't start till late. pistes nice at 11 but by 1 not so good! very chopped up slush. top of the yret was ice and bobbly, but once you got down lower really nice.
good day all rounds still fabulous cover.
Pics later
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
loads of tourists coming over to La Grave today from LDA - got involved in a little predicament see http://www.gavinbaylis.com/ski/
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Back home now. Serre che confirmed this week what an awesome place it is! Finished off the week slush skiing down casse le boeuf!

Deffo back at crimbo! snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Weathercam, Very interesting blog - {well that comment is not really doing what it should}. Bummer for the guy with the dodgy knee.
Safe journey home.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You know it's time to come home.........

When you start seeing bikes on the piste Smile

End of the ski blog at http://www.gavinbaylis.com/ski/
ski holidays
Definately not time to go home yet. thats the mickey and its always like that at this time of the year.
Absolutely fab day in the park i had today, great slushy conditions, bit choppy in placed but a great day.

Must get up earlyer tomorrow (ie before 12!)

nothing better than slush and sun if you cant have powder and sun!

still plenty of snow up there, few bare patches (to say the least) on the lower slopes. Hated the luc alphond but that is nothing new!
Cant wait for tomorrow
ski holidays
Well julesb and I finally made it back on to the pistes today. About 15cm of fresh snow meant everything was soft and fluffly. Fantastic. We took it easy, and cam down early. It was brilliant to be back snowHead snowHead .
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Great news glad JulesB is back on skis.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, good stuff and pleased for Jules. Have a great time.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, I'm glad to hear you're both enjoying the delights of Monetier again! snowHead
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, fantastic news!
My season is now finished, i twisted my ankle last night, its looking doubtful i'll be snowboarding again this season rolling eyes
Although it would seem like the not so perfect end to a not so perfect season for me on a personal level, it has been one of the best seasons ever, i think it rather fitting it should end like this. I wonder what next year will bring!
snow report
snowangel., sorry about the ankle. Hows Liam doing? We've had another great morning today, but came down around 2.30pm.
julesb is now lying in bed with a heat pack on his neck. Might be taking it easy tomorrow.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, very glad you've hit such great snow at the tail end of the season. snowHead
snow conditions
snowangel., So sorry to hear that you and Mr snowangel., have parted.

Helen Beaumont, Happy days - great news, hope it continues, make sure he takes it easy. Very Happy
latest report
easiski, I don't think he understands taking it easy rolling eyes
latest report
Helen Beaumont, i have one of them! boys eh!

easiski, c'est la vie! but my life is really good at the mo so i cant complain!
ski holidays
Monetier webcam, Yret
And now the end is near, and so I face the final chairlift.

ski holidays
snowangel., I just want to say how much I have enjoyed this thread both this year and also last year. I first came to Serre Che for Xmas 2006 as our daughter was a rep at the Hotel Frejus for Skibound. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Plein Sud and briefly met you there as you were doing some part time work in the restaurant. In 2007 we returned to same hotel for Xmas as our daughter was doing a second season repping at the Hotel Frejus again. At this time my wife Margaret was recovering from an operation for oesophageal cancer. In 2008 my daughter and I returned for Xmas as she was now working in the office for Skibound but sadly without my wife Margaret as she had passed away in the October 2008 after a long struggle against the recurrence of the cancer. So Serre Che has many happy memories for us as a family but of course some sad ones as well.

Given a fair wind my daughter, Kat and I hope to be in Serre Che for Xmas 2009, her work load permitting of course as I am now a man of leisure so they tell me.

Clearly Serre Che has special memories for both my daughter and I, and the thread over the past year has kept in touch with the what has been happening over the past 6 months in the resort which has been great. So snowangel., hope that you keep up the good work and start a new resort thread for next season.

Many thanks to you and all the participants on the thread for an interesting read over the past few months. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DAVID SNELL, I remember you and Margaret well, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, you have my sympathies. Margaret, in my memory, even though very short, was a very nice lady, but i'm sure you dont need me saying that!
we look forward to seeing you next year!
snow conditions
DAVID SNELL, so sorry to hear about your wife. I hope returning to Serre Chevalier will give you some comfort as you remember the happy times you spent there.
snow conditions
snowangel., Many thanks for your kind words. My daughter's work allowing, if we make it back to Serre Che for Xmas it would be good to meet up perhaps.Helen Beaumont, Many thanks to you also and when my daughter and I returned to Serre Che this Xmas it was OK and as I have found out recently much better to face these good memories head-on and not bury them. Likewise if you are in Serre Che over Xmas it would be nice to meet up as well

Helen, glad to hear that your other-half has made a good recovery, but what worry it must have been for you and your family.

All the best for the summer to both of you and hope to catch up on Snowheads again next season.
Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
DAVID SNELL we are hoping to be there, holidays booked with work are not yet confirmed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy