Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Ski Club - credit crunch busters ??

Poster: A snowHead
When I last joined SCGB I got some buy one get one free (or was it half price) for luggage at Snow and Rock.

Are they doing any similiar vouchers this year?

Cheers,

greg
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer wrote:
.........I though that it was disappointing for what I'd paid last year, and I'd got in free. rolling eyes

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Frosty wrote:
Quote:

two for one at the ski show in Olympia and Brum.

I think the Brum one is free entry with SCGB, and half price for a friend.

Alas I'm away that weekend, so no show for me. I don't think they're much good in themselves but it's a good way to celebrate the oncoming of winter!

For me Ski Club membership is very much worth it. Always save it many times over with discounts, love skiing with reps, love the website and have had a brilliant time on the four Freshtracks holidays I've been on.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski,
Quote:

When I last joined SCGB I got some buy one get one free (or was it half price) for luggage at Snow and Rock.

Are they doing any similiar vouchers this year?

That sounds like a really good bargain - no nothing as comparable this year.

Although I've only been a member for 4 or 5 years I've come to the conclusion that the SCGB has nothing really to offer me. Discounts I can usually get myself with some minor haggling, I've no desire to ski with a rep and I'm unlikely to go on a freshtracks holiday. Ski+Board is fine as a mag but if it didn't come as part of the membership package I wouldn't buy it (no offence to the editor). I did enjoy the chat room banter but its rather dull now that DG is banned. In conclusion I'm probably not going to renew my membership this year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
halfhand,
Quote:

I did enjoy the chat room banter but its rather dull now that DG is banned.

How sad is that, I didn't realise that DG's ban was continuing Skullie
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
halfhand,
Quote:

its rather dull now

That doesn't even begin to cover it!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And getting duller all the time...

But DG leaving was - I suspect - a good thing for him. And he could come back here anytime

(terms and conditions may apply...)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing wrote:
halfhand,
Quote:

Indeed, nobbled by "dark forces" (I dare not speak of their name) and I'm not sure he can be ars*d anymore.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bode Swiller,
Quote:

nobbled by "dark forces"

Indeed.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've just bought a couple of books I was going to buy anyway like a Mad Dog Ski Guide on Verbier and a couple of other bits and got them through the online shop on the Ski Club website. Got a few quid off each item and free postage too. That was good. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bode Swiller wrote:

Indeed, nobbled by "dark forces" (I dare not speak of their name) and I'm not sure he can be ars*d anymore.

The only "dark forces" that matter are those inside your friend's mind.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
richjp, well, at least he has one of his own.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller wrote:
richjp, well, at least he has one of his own.

Is he in control of it though?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richjp, do I need to explain my insults rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller, No, you have made them plenty of times before.
snow report
richjp, look forward to seeing you again, next time the Klub gets a mention.
ski holidays
Off topic

roga,
Quote:

BTW VolklAttivaS5, I need to reply to your PM - sorry for the delay!

Oh yes. Forgot about that. I wondered why you hadn't replied to it yet and it would be interesting to hear if you find the same with your form eventually wink

Didn't think they had a Ski Club Rep at Mammoth anyway. Obviously they do although you couldn't find him/her. Laughing
snow report
VolklAttivaS5 wrote:
Off topic

roga,
Quote:

BTW VolklAttivaS5, I need to reply to your PM - sorry for the delay!

Oh yes. Forgot about that. I wondered why you hadn't replied to it yet and it would be interesting to hear if you find the same with your form eventually wink

LOL

Actually I've had a nasty bug this last week and a half and your PM was so long I didn't have the energy to reply, or I should say to give it the serious consideration it deserved whereas posting messages on the forum was more lightweight. It's actually turned out quite useful because I've now had a chance to have a word with a certain person and clarify a couple of things so expect said 'clarification' in the next few days which'll hopefully be of some help to you Very Happy
Quote:
Didn't think they had a Ski Club Rep at Mammoth anyway. Obviously they do although you couldn't find him/her. Laughing

They didn't last season but the season before they did - I wonder whether they got wind of the fact she was somewhat difficult for members to find and that's why she was no longer there the following season!
latest report
roga,
Quote:

Actually I've had a nasty bug this last week and a half and your PM was so long I didn't have the energy to reply, or I should say to give it the serious consideration it deserved whereas posting messages on the forum was more lightweight.

Oh, sorry to hear you've not been well lately. You cheeky booger-I said it was an epic! Laughing Laughing Although quite rightly so I was at pains to understand just what on earth the problem was. wink

Anyway, I received it back a day or two after I PM'd you I think-so it's fine now. I will explain more when I hear from you rather than going off topic on here.

Quote:

They didn't last season but the season before they did - I wonder whether they got wind of the fact she was somewhat difficult for members to find and that's why she was no longer there the following season!

Not surprised! She obviously wasn't doing her job properly if you could never find the woman in the meeting place. Did you try her mobile number in resort?
snow report
Quote:

I'm sure the same discounts could be had by non members who simply demand it.

Bode Swiller, Yes and no. The discounts for accommodation are worth it alone, e.g Interhome, and have you tried bargaining an internet based business down recently? EB and Slush and Rubble tend to go for the pair of socks rather than monetary discount. (OK if your really need more socks). You can get discounts on car hire and holidays by being assertive, but for goodness sake you're on holiday, and supposed to be relaxing rolling eyes
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
halfhand,
Quote:

Banned for life, by all accounts.
ski holidays
Quote:

Isn't that hilarious? Banned for life from a forum that "by all accounts" has tumbleweed blowing through it and hair growing out of its ears. I've never been on their forum but have heard enough. Such clubby actions tell you all you need to know about the dark forces that lurk in the shadowy cliques. Banned for life!?! That's bloody funny. He's not the Yorkshire Ripper you know. You may not have agreed with DG but he did add spark and intelligently so. Let's hope he resurfaces for the winter.

Anyway, by chance I was asked by someone to have a look at the relative performance of snow websites in the UK. A snapshot was all that was required so I used a few of the tools available online... mainly alexa.com and trafficestimate.com and some other dark and scary stuff. OK, these aren't the sharpest tools in the box necessarily but do give a hint at what's going on, trends and suchlike. Won't bore you with the full findings concerning all sites (you can go do that yourself easily enough) but here are a few numbers...

Overall site ranking - Snowheads 419,278 : Skiclub 525,793 (A win for Snowheads)
Site ranking UK - Snowheads 19,075 : Skiclub 34,245 (A win for Snowheads)
Page views per unique user - Snowheads 9.0 : Skiclub 3.7 (A win for Snowheads)
Unique users last 30 days - Snowheads 36,800 :Skiclub 29,000 (A win for Snowheads)
Google page rank - Snowheads 4 : Skiclub 5 (A win for Skiclub)

So, the site that evolved just under 5 years ago from the century-old skiclub forum appears to be rogering its parent royally. Skiclub marginally wins on Google page rank but the trend is towards equilibrium. What will be the state of affairs in another year or two? Well done Admin and all those who did or are doing their bit (DG included!)

I look forward to my lifetime ban from the Alps, Wimbledon and surrounding areas Cool
snow report
Bode Swiller, don't see much of DG here either do we? Is that the ski club' s fault too? wink

But for the rest - I totally agree.
snow report
stoatsbrother, I guess the point is that he could come back here if he wanted to and he doesn't pay an annual sub for the abuse.
snow conditions
PJSki,
Quote:

In this day and age of enlightened sentencing and re-habilitation life means a couple of year's I suppose.
latest report
Bode Swiller, Maybe if we paid him £20 for each news story...

I'll get my coat wink Toofy Grin
snow report
Bode Swiller, I've just been sent this:

Quote:
Quote:
Bode SwillerI've never been on their forum but have heard enough.

Really, so the fact that he said:

Quote:

Bode Swiller
hors Piste
achilles,

I did once bump into the rep in Utah and she hadn't seen a member at all for 3 weeks.

and that it happens to be remarkably similar to what arnold lunn said is just a coincidence then?

Quote:

arnold lunn
11 Dec 2003

I ended up skiing in medium sized Western US ski resort. I was having lunch with some of the staff and co incidentally they had invited a lady to join us - working along, I suspect the 'you re both English - you must know each other philosophy'. Well....

The lady was a club rep, very pleasant and joined us for a slide that afternoon. As the sliding went on it turned out that;She was in the resort for three weeks - this being the third. She d had no 'takers' for ANY repping so far and didn t anticipate having any for the remainder of her tenure {nice work as they say}.

Apparently old arnold made a bit of a phuck up by posting on the SCGB site. I'm told that in the long run it cost him a heap of cash. But swiller would probably know more about that than me or the ski club.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
PJSki,
Quote:

In this day and age of enlightened sentencing and re-habilitation life means a couple of year's I suppose.

Hehe, good point. Maybe move him to an open forum for the remainder of his sentence and allow him to go on day trips as a way of reintegrating him into society?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

Maybe move him to an open forum for the remainder of his sentence and allow him to go on day trips as a way of reintegrating him into society?

Day trips? To do what? skiing? Shocked Laughing

DG Only Kidding wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy