Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tom tom or Garmin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@LaForet, thanks, we’ll give it a go on an occasion we don’t feel the need for the fantastic bakery just through the tunnel under the citadel in Besancon (avoiding the new bypass).

I’ve always thought at real world speeds (quite a bit of peage or dual carriageway where the speed limit is achievable) the Besancon route would be quicker but Pontarlier can be a real bottleneck which the smaller roads over the Jura would probably avoid.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@DJL Having droven through it so many times, we decided to stay over in old Besançon a couple of nights on a summer trip and really enjoyed it. The Citadel is interesting (although it has a dark episode during WW2 when the Gestapo regularly executed Resistance members there) and the old town has some great restaurants and there are interesting boat excursions around and under the citadel (which has a 'chimney' for supplies to be raised vertically up from barges on the canal that's bored through the peninsula). You have to be careful in choosing a hotel which has its own parking guaranteed, as some palces in the old town don't, and parking a conspicuously tourist car far away always makes me nervous.

A couple of time the SatNav has directed us through the centre of Pontarlier and the second time we gave it a go because the ring road was indeed very busy. It did seem to be a bit faster under those circumstances, so worth seeing what it says if things are congested.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy