Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Moritz

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
dear all

i will go to there early of janurary. i found a map http://www.myswitzerland.com/wispo_images/karten/793_KARTE.jpg and have no idea staying at which village.

i prefer to rent a chalet/appartment for 2 to 4 persons. i don't mind walking away from village in 10 to mins but make sure there are shuttle bus passes by.

thanks all

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 13-09-08 15:01; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
just visited many websites and found that appartment price is from chf 550 up per week, moreover, final cleaning, visitor tax, bed linen, and etc are extra costs. so, will be charged around chf 800 finally. i think that it is so expensive. do you guys know the cheaper places, e.g. outskirt of st moritz where ski shuttle bus also pass by?

i really need your help, please give me some info.

many thanks

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 13-09-08 15:09; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ftkl, Cant help you I am afraid, spent most of my time there in Hospital Crying or Very sad (kidney stones).

Why do you want to go to St. Moritz. It is over hyped and has passed it day, too many Russians that have bought hotels and use them for very short periods as a result local economy not like it used to be.

Whitegold will be along soon and give you a run down of its virtues! wink

Zermatt would be a better choice, however the train journey from Chur to St. Moritz is truly beautiful!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Isn't it a bit like walking into a highend store and then complaining about everything being "so expensive"?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Roy Hockley I disagree. St. Moritz has some really nice if slightly disjoint skiing, especially if you take the time out to go up the Bernina pass and ski on Piz Lagalb or take in the Morteratsch glacier off the back of Diavolezza ( and take the schwitzer bähnli back up to Diavolezza, it's a different kind of skiing! ). If you manage to hit Piz Lagalb on a powder day it's simply fantastic Madeye-Smiley. I've also had great powder days on and around Piz Nair and on Corvatsch...

BUT yes, the Russians have moved in, and in standard Russian style are raping the place Evil or Very Mad That also applies to places like Lech, St.Anton and Kitzbühel though...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

If you manage to hit Piz Lagalb on a powder day it's simply fantastic

Is there anywhere that isn't? wink

Friend of mine who is a very experienced and far better skier than myself went there with his family lastyear and came back raving about how good it was. He is very carefulwith his money but still enjoyed it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
T Bar wrote:
Quote:

If you manage to hit Piz Lagalb on a powder day it's simply fantastic

Is there anywhere that isn't? wink

Friend of mine who is a very experienced and far better skier than myself went there with his family lastyear and came back raving about how good it was. He is very carefulwith his money but still enjoyed it.
Well it's a question of how long you get to keep the powder to yourself! On Lagalb I once spent a whole day in April with a couple of friends laying down tracks. At the end of the day the tracks were all ours Cool Try doing that in St.Anton or Lech or Espace Killy!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Steilhang, Sorry that I deflated your rubber ring! The town is not what it used to be, the clientele is not like it used to be, although in your defence I can say the same for Courchevel also! Over the years there I am sure you have noticed a difference! A good days skiing, is a good days skiing whether it be Switzerland or Andorra. I was just offering an opinion to the OP that after travelling all that distance from Hong Kong he may be dissapointed if he believed he was going to the mecca of skiing yesteryear!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Give ftkl a break, guys - he's asked some specific questions about St Moritz (to which I've never been, so can't answer) not whether he should be going there at all!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roy Hockley, I don't usually pick my ski resorts by what the town offers or by what the clientele are up to. I tend to concentrate more on what the mountain offers! I guess each of us has his own set of priorities!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Steilhang, Thank God you are right, but I think anywhere up the mountain is preferable to the town. Hurtle, I did not think I was having a go at ftkl, for going to a specific resort, and ftkl, if it sounded that way I apologise. Stick around here and you will pick up more information on European resorts and may even look at going to resort X or La Ros!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ftkl wrote:
dear all

i will go to there early of janurary. i found a map http://www.myswitzerland.com/wispo_images/karten/793_KARTE.jpg and have no idea staying at which village.

i prefer to rental a chalet/appartment for 2 to 4 persons. i don't mind walking away from village in 10 to mins but make sure there are shuttle bus passes by.

thanks all

Read my report here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=691559

Make sure you stay in Dorf, the main town.

Avoid Bad, it is away from the buzz.

There is no ski resort on Earth with an atmosphere as good as St Moritz.

It is a loserfree zone.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Whitegold wrote:
ftkl wrote:
dear all

i prefer to rental a chalet/appartment for 2 to 4 persons. i don't mind walking away from village in 10 to mins but make sure there are shuttle bus passes by.

thanks all

Read my report here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=691559

Make sure you stay in Dorf, the main town.

Avoid Bad, it is away from the buzz.

There is no ski resort on Earth with an atmosphere as good as St Moritz.

It is a loserfree zone.

Whitegold, thank you so much for your information. I know that there are trains that go to Dorf. Do you know if there are free shuttle bus that bring me to Corvatsch? Assuming I have the ski pass with me.

I plan to stay at St. Moritz for a week. Do you think it is about right or too long? I usually will ski for 6 hours a day. not much rest, coffee time or sun bathing. Could you please advise me how long I should stay for a ski trip in St. Moritz?

Thank you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy