Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

basi courses

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
if you pass your first basi in france can you then take the other two in america or do you have to start again from the first ?

cheers people.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-09-08 16:35; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shefield and corses.... rolling eyes They might have you take a spelling test first. are you over 16?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
whitey51, if you're planning to stay in the US just do it all with the PSIA. As for your spelling...

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 11-09-08 19:35; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Once you are in the BASI system, the levels are discrete and you should be able to do subsequent levels in different countries. I know of a Gap course in Canada but what course are you thinking of in "america". If its a course that is not in the BASI system things get very complicated.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ok cheers people that’s what I needed to know. and thanks for pointing out the spelling but is there really any need to have your little snigger about it. I set up the account yesterday in a rush and I made this post in a rush. And I’m 16 at sixth form. And I’ve looked at the age for the coarse I can take it at 16 but not be able to teach on it until I’m 18
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
whitey51, Dont mind them they are all cranky as they are old and wasted there youth!! Good luck with the courses and if you need anything dont be afraid to drop bye as my spelling is just as bad Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
whitey51, no problem. Welcome to sHs anyway. For future reference it's course*.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Thu 11-09-08 19:35; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ordhan, me, old? Laughing Toofy Grin

Yeh good luck I did my stuff with the CSIA and had the best time of my life.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
arv, also, it's if "you're" planning .... (and sHs - no apostrophe)wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
and anyway, not anyways.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx, Helen Beaumont I am scared to say anything now Laughing . I should have double checked before I decided to be an ar*ehole.

I always wondered how I got that B... Embarassed Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
whitey51, sorry to give you a hard time i thought you might be a bit young. wink Welcome to snowHead .. If you are thinking about a gap course in the USA only a few compoanies offer BASI courses most will be within the American PSIA system which honestly is only good if you intend to teach in the States. If your longer term plans are to teach in Europe you would be better to do a Canadian or BASI course.

You might want to try and do your BASI L1 at a snowdome or dryslope near sheffield and then do your 35 hours of shadowing teaching to see if you enjoy it. If so you can then move onto further training.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
whitey51, welcome. Don't worry, you will not find your spelling constantly joked about on here (just occasionally, yes). It was just that a thread title does rather stick out.
However, if you correct someone else's spelling, like arv, you are fair game. I know my spelling isn't irreproachable Laughing

PS you can edit your own posts and your own thread title at any time by using the scissors icon on the right of your post.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
whitey51, you don't need to be a grate speller to do a BASI course. In fact you don't even have to be much of a skier. Also best to be clueless about geometry too. A 'D' in Integrated Science seems to be the high bar as far as IQ goes. And don't forget to learn how to roll a joint before you go.

Anyway, I'm off to get high.

CYA on the slope, man.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy