Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski rental early booking discounts - is it worth it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do you really get Ski/Boot Rental cheaper in the resort of your choice if you pre-book? We only need good skis/boots/helmet for our teenage son and are wondering if its worthwhile booking online when you can't really see what you are getting. Up to now he's just taken what he's been offered but would like good skis this year as he like the blacks and a wee bit of off piste.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ruthie, I rented online in advance this year for the first time and would definitely do so again. My recollection is that it worked out much cheaper than had we left it until we got to the resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done it a few times now and it works well. Not suitable if you have your heart set on a specific model however - there is no guarantee what is listed on the website will be available when you get there.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If it helps, i've arranged the follwoing link which gives my guests up to 20% off the in-resort price (depending on what equipment, peak vs non-peak week, and how early they book) for renting on-line through ski-set - they have hire shops in virtually all European resorts.

http://www.skiset.com/flameski/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For this year, these were the comparative online costs for intermediate skis + boots. All cheaper than in resort.

€81.87 www.snowbrainer.co.uk
€106.40 www.skiset.com/index-en.html
€74.38 www.snowrental.net

It is worth checking which online company has a shop that is near to the accommodation as well of course.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ray Zorro, and indeed, paying now would hedge against an even poorer rate come the season.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i always book and pay early, much cheaper and the shop are always pretty flexible
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
depends what you want, depends what you get...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ray Zorro, Thanks really good to have that comparison. JT, He's doesn't have any particular one in mind just good ones as he has had some awful ones in the past!

Anyone suggest what to rent for him this year hes 16 likes to do as many blacks in the day as he can and likes a wee bit of off piste?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ruthie, Rent him some knackered old cheap things (or even blades) so that you can all keep up with him Wink That's what I do Embarassed Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ruthie,
Quote:

wondering if its worthwhile booking online when you can't really see what you are getting

You will see what you are getting before you accept. I've learnt to be quite assertive now wink

We've used Snowrental and skiset before (no problems) and will use again. In our usual destination we have got to know one particular shop and use their online discount direct. Don't have to practce assertiveness skills here as always top service.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray Zorro, Ha yea i don't think that would work. You could put planks on his feet and I still wouldn't catch him. Dear love him he's had some crap ones over the years the last ones in St Jean D Aulpes were the worst. But he didn't complain just zoomed past us as usual!

Lou, Ok will try that and see. We are going to Tignes and then Les Arc so probably good enough selection there.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy