Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Boots as Hand Luggage

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A ski boot is WAY less of a secutrity hazard than a stiletto heel. Are you allowed to wear stillettos on planes?

I certainly hope so, as I'm an avid transvestite!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Laughing Best post on snowheads in a while!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
paulio, you are right about that and I expect that stilettos can be worn-never worn them myself, I can't think of anything worse wearing them round an airport, especially on the walk from the gate back to bagagge claim at Heathrow airport.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Skiing in stilettos - isn't that called telemarking ?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

On a safety note, I suppose if lots of people took their ski boots as hand luggage and are stowing them in the overhead lockers, then if those bags enclosing the boots fell out above you then I guess it would give you one hell of a knock on the head compared to say a normal sized rucksack as hand luggage containing a book and a sarnie say.

Hmm......so what about easyjet's policy of unlimited weight for hand luggage? Or the fact that for (say) Ryanair, a 10kg rucksack would do you some damage whether the 10 kilos was ski boots or not?

Anyway, the best example of killer items which are permitted in hand luggage is duty free stuff - which they obviously won't ever stop 'cos of the ££££ involved.

1. Purchase large bottle of spirits.
2. Visit toilet & empty out contents.
3. Smash bottle and voila - lethal weapon at your disposal.
4. If your demands to divert to Glasgow (you've just heard that conditions at Glencoe are better than the Alps...) still don't work, simply put on ski boots and kick cockpit door in..... Toofy Grin

Funniest duty free rule ever is when easyjet once announced that "On safety grounds, the consumption of duty free purchases is not permitted." Er, why is duty free drink less safe than easykiosk drink?! Surely not something to do with profit?! (Again!!)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
truffaut wrote:
Skiing in stilettos - isn't that called telemarking ?
Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BTW, isn't it about time someone started the helmet thread for the up-coming season? Little Angel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So on the subject of putting boots and other stuff in ski bags, how far can you go with that? Is it possible between a double ski bag and hand luggage and nothing else to be able to take enough stuff for a week? I usually fill a medium-size suitcase, although that includes boots and helmet, and take my jacket in my hand luggage. With my upcoming ski purchase, the ski bag and no suitcase route sounds quite appealing Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mark_s, if you have a look at this thread I started there is a lot of discussion about what you're asking about. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=42107&highlight=

mountainaddict,
Quote:

Hmm......so what about easyjet's policy of unlimited weight for hand luggage? Or the fact that for (say) Ryanair, a 10kg rucksack would do you some damage whether the 10 kilos was ski boots or not?

You're quite right actually, I didn't know Easyjet had an unlimited hand luggage allowance because I never utilise the hand luggage thing, just take a normal rucksack with ipod, ski magazine etc so imy bag is really light. Also didn't know Ryanair allowed 10kg on hand luggage-wow! That helps then because their hold luggage is very stingy at 15kg. Very true about a 10kg bag falling on your head one way or another despite having ski boots in there or not.

Quote:
Anyway, the best example of killer items which are permitted in hand luggage is duty free stuff - which they obviously won't ever stop 'cos of the ££££ involved.

Yeah, I agree with you again there. Funny how duty free glass bottles aren't banned when you're not allowed to take a glass bottle of water onto the plane. It's all about the money I guess.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
VolklAttivaS5, cheers Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy