Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Maria Alm advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning everyone,

This resort, along with Hochkonig (sp?) seem like my ideal sort of spot. Quiet, plenty to ski for a week and some nice bars and restaurants. My only concern is that they appear to be quite low- Maria Alma is at 800m, i believe. Should this be a concern? I know that it is impossible to predict snowfall this far in advance but do these resorts have a good early snow record?

Any help, info or advice is, as usual, greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 12-09-08 7:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

early snow record

how early is early? snowHead There was recently a heated debate on this very topic.....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Had a day there last summer whilst in Kaprun. Maria Alm is an absolutely beautiful village. It's on the valley floor, but the valley is quite wide from memory, so think you MIGHT spend some time on buses. Otherwise a lovely place to stay
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski, Thank you.

pam w, I was thinking of either just befor Christmas or the 1st or 2nd week in Jan.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
newerrichlott, the 2nd week in Jan would normally give you a much better chance of snow than the week before Christmas.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, Thanks
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,

Maria Alm is quite low and the gondola in the village sometime does not always run and then you have to take the free ski bus to the Aberg to gain access to the main ski area. To gave you an idea we have had plenty of snow either time you say. Last year we had snow in October and the skiing in November was excellent, however the year before the snow was a bit patchy in December although we did have some in the village and the year before that it was like last year with plenty of snow. We are at the other end of the valley and our village is higher by another 120m which makes a lot of difference to the early snow.

I would recommend January since all the buses will be running before the 20th December the bus only run the off-peak timetable after Chritmas it is the peak timetable-so more buses. Also the snow should be better ( not always) and the piste will be nice and quiet- not that they get very busy even at peak time !!

Maybe you should come and stay at this end of the valley!!! wink wink

Nigel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
djfletcher, Thank you for the info. I am always open to suggestions and as i have never skiied in Austria at all, i have no firm ideas as to where i stay. I have had a look around your web site and was impressed so i may pm you a bit later.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy