Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation - resorts 1 hour from Turin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A friend and I are flying into Turin in mid-Jan for 3 nights. We are hoping to go to a resort close to Turin so we can get a couple of hours in on arrival day followed by 2 full days.

Snowheads very helpfully pointed us in various directions as to good locations.

Now.

Suggestions/recommendations/experiences of accomm for various/any Italian resports are requested.

Failing actual experience - how would you tackle it?

ps Only my second DIY - first was easy as it was end of season in France.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not my backyard but I'd be going to Sestriere.

PS. Is that your real name? I knew a Peter Leuzzi from somewhere I can't place.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes real name.

Born and bred in Oz and been in London last 10 years. Ring any bells?

Why Sestriere?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Peter Leuzzi, Sestriere is part of the Milky Way area,which also includes Sauze d'Oulx and very close to Turin (about 1-1.5 hours) Other SnowHeads might also send you to the Val d'Aosta (Alagna, Gressoney, Champoluc)., or even La Thuile, Bardonecchia, or Courmayeur, it all depends what your looking for . We have also flown into Turin, and crossed over into France for Serre Chevalier, but as your only going for a couple of days, and you pass Sestriere, you may want to give that a miss. I'd check out the snow a week before, and the decide where to go. If your on the Ryanair flight from Stansted, you should easily be skiing by lunchtime, as it arrives in Turin about 9.30 am .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Peter Leuzzi wrote:
Why Sestriere?

I just fancy it Very Happy It'd be nice to see where the Torino Olimpics will be.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just did a short break to Val Cenis DIY this weekend approx 1.5-2hrs from Turin, motorway all the way, only bummer was 36.5 euro toll to get through Frejus tunnel. Had a massive dump of snow just before/during or stay. Check out the photo (if I can work out how to upload !) sorry for the posing but photo gives a good idea of what a wicked time I had and can't resist showing everyone ! Embarassed

http://www.rstmart.dsl.pipex.com/images/Stella_35.jpg

http://www.rstmart.dsl.pipex.com/images/window.jpg

Piste Patrol note - both images converted to links as they are large file sizes - 160KB + 230KB (can be a lengthy download) and physically large meaning they didn't fit the snowHeads page.

Rgds

Rich
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Peter Leuzzi,
If thinking of Sestriere I would actually go to Cesana Torinese or Sauze if looking for quickest time to snow from Turin as they are closest and you can ski over to Sestriere from either.

Personally I would go to Cesana as it has the best links into the whole Milky Way area.

Mind you La Thuile in the Aosta valley is great as well
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Type23, or a Mod. Oversized photos have resized the page. Makes text threads very difficult to read.
Piste Patrol note - yes I'd noticed before I even read this - all sorted. Nice photos though.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Why not drive and stay in Aosta, 75 miles? you can get the Gondola up to Pila when you arrive. If you want you can then drive to La Thuile or Coumayeur on the following days?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
All,
Sorry for the earlier photo faut pas ! Embarassed
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Type23, I thought they were great photos though
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy