Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

movement hype

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im after a multi conditional pair of skis i.e. 70% piste 30% offpiste. i will mainly be skiing on piste but want something that would also be able to cope well with powder days and give me the first introductions to offpiste skiing. i will be skiing mainly in whistler and banff so im thinking the snow will be less wet than europe so would prefer skis with slightly more float than the normal alpine skis. i was thinking the movement flame or the head xenon fitted the bill and i think the movement flame is now movement hype? does anyone know much about this ski and if im on the right track?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
they seem to be a pretty nice ski but it really depends on your height, weight, how experienced you are, and how hard you ski...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
6ft, 11stone, experience is skied mainly harder reds for 2 seasons and tried my first black in canada last season, i ski fairly hard depending on the slope, if its something i think i can handle i will be aggresive and if its something im not sure about i will take it easy. i always take lessons though so im improving quite quickly. i will be mainly on piste but if it does snow heavy then would want something that can handle deeper snow on piste but also let me learn how to ski off piste a little i.e. i plan on keeping these skis for 3-4yrs so dont want to have to change my skis as i become more confident with a bit more off piste. i know they wont be the greatest off piste skis but not really after that just want something that can ease me in gently.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shapes - Banff snow is almost certainly less wet than most European snow, but Whistler is renowned for having very wet snow as it comes in straight off the Pacific.

Personally, I'd wait until you get out to wherever you're going; demo locally and then buy what feels best. We can all give you opinions until the cows come home, but you'll only know whether you'll like a ski by actually skiing it. This does have the downside of you only being able to ski what's available locally (I'd be surprised if anyone stocks Movements in Whistler), but at least you won't risk buying a ski that doesn't work for you.

(Being a complete hypocrite I bought three pairs of skis at the end of the season by completely ignoring this principle rolling eyes - but I did get good enought deals on them that I could re-sell them either at minimal loss or at a small profit. So do as I say, etc... wink )

(And saying that, www.telemark-pyrenees.com has deals on Movement skis at the moment...)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shapes,

For what you describe I'd say the Spark is a better ski and better bet than the Flame...plus it is a bit wider at 82mm. You shouldn't outski it for a good few years...

I've used it as a hire-ski for the last two seasons and it is a very good ski all-round
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy