Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's Cham like for the xmas week - town life question?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to get a holiday in over xmas and take my dad with me. We haven't done a trip together for a few years. Soooo... I want to get a few days skiing in and he wants a place with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants to potter about during the day. Any thoughts on the venue?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chamonix is perfect. Good chance of great skiing, real town, bars well one or two Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob, Cheers.. I could always pay a visit to the zookeepers and get a new pair of boots sorted... it's looking like Cham may well be top of the list.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jbob, seconded. Had lots of hols there with a non-skiing OH, who never got bored. A good trick, Scarpa, is to hire a car, and have your dad pick you up in it from the bottom of whichever area you are skiing in for the morning, and then you can have lunch together, sometimes - or at the end of the day, have a drink somewhere different eg Argentiere. It really is the height of luxury for the skier, and avoids him having to use the public buses between ski areas, if the non-skier can act as a taxi service, and very easy in the age of mobile phones. I recommend it. wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Chamonix at Christmas is much like Chamonix any other week of the year................always busy, always open, always pretty(ish)!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chamonix town is excellent - has all the major stores and brands

so does Val d'sere
verbier has lots of shops - but bit of a hill

hope you gotta car in cham - bottom of each lift miles apart (like 12 miles from one end of valley to the other), so its not like yer pap can come up the lift and have lunch wiv yer willy nilly, bottom of the ski lifts dotted apart by miles and miles of driving and if you don't get to park early, maybe no parking at all!!!! and some lifts the queues are so epic - we queued for two hours to get up one lift - pathetic, not going back there.

mont blanc worth a visit - will chew up big part of a day, but tell truth, other than shopping and leisure centre, can't think of much to do there.

if you do go cham - try the bagel place across from macdonalds further away from main shopping centre. nevva had bagel like that before - delish and dreaming of them since.

happy skiing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy