Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Foam Roller Flexibility

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The topic of flexibility is more controversial than Sarah Palin. However, foam roller exercise may be the best compromise between stretching and not stretching.
Check out the article and video
http://www.examiner.com/x-618-Colorado-Mountain-Fitness-Examiner~topic19034-foam-rollers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very interesting. I do something of the same kind of thing with a tennis ball against a wall, particularly for trigger points in the buttocks, which I find helps lower back pain (which is something I rarely suffer from, fortunately, but early use of the tennis ball trick usually nips any problems in the bud). The tennis ball technique was initially taught to my daughter, by a chiropracter and is very effective. And most of us have a tennis ball about the place. I can see that a roller of the right consistency would make "self help" easier, for some muscles at any rate. My OH has really bad trigger points in his calf muscles, which I do try to massage, but it's hard work, and boring; maybe with one of these he could do it himself!

What size/type of roller is best for the kind of use displayed in that video - that looked a fairly hefty piece of kit. (The roller did, too. wink )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w,
Quote:

I do something of the same kind of thing with a tennis ball against a wall, particularly for trigger points in the buttocks

Shocked Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
JP, can't beat trigger points in the buttocks. wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w, Hope it doesn't have anything to do with Roy Roger's horse. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Tennis balls are good too, in that they can zero in on a small area. As far as roller length, it should be long enough to reach from the top of your head to the base of your spine.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lisamer, thanks. I think I'm going to get one. snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Laughing I'd get thrown out of my gym going that! Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rollers are really good for loosening up the IT bands along the outside of the leg. It is very difficult to stretch these any other way..
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy