Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I want a ski helmet with 2 or 3 goggle clips-which ones do?

Poster: A snowHead
Hiya

I'm looking for a new ski helmet with 2 or 3 goggle clips on it. Before I start trawling the web looking for ski helmets that have this, I thought I would ask on here if anybody knows of which makes and models have this?

My current one has got 1 goggle clip at the back, and although the clip is really sturdy, to be honest it's a pain in the ar*e. Everytime I put my goggles up onto the top of my helmet for whatever reason, wink they ping off and are left to get tangled round the sole clip at the back until I can retrieve them and put 'em back again.

Hence that's why this time I want 1 clip on each side to stop this happening, or 3 even, 2 at the side and 1 at the back!

Cheers for any info if yours has got 2 or 3 clips instead of 1!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
VolklAttivaS5, it's not just a matter of the number of clips, it's the overall shape. My helmet has just 1 clip and the goggles sit up fine. My OH's helmet is hopeless - they ping off in the manner you describe. You need to try them, with the actual goggles you intend to use.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
just dump the helmet, problem solved Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w,

Quote:

You need to try them, with the actual goggles you intend to use.

pam w, you are right about trying them to check they fit and they seemed ok in the shop, although I did have to buy the goggles I've got now in resort in a bit of a rush because the others got trashed while I was away. The goggles have to be "just so" to keep them on the top in practice unfortunately. Also both my goggles and my helmet are Smith so you'd think they'd be ultra compatible wouldn't you! It's very annoying when they ping off the top.

From memory my Bolle goggles I had before were alright with it so I suppose I could get another pair of Bolle goggles exactly the same as the old pair. Would prefer to get 2 clip helmet if I can though. Can't find any 2 clip models on the net so far though! I'm sure I've seen people wearing 2 clip ones though in the last 12 months.

barry,
Quote:

just dump the helmet, problem solved

Nah.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
At last-found one that does. Bolle do double clips on all theirs except the Half Pipe model. Will try in a shop to see if it suits. Cheers pam w
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My helmet is a Giro and any goggles I've worn stay on it fine. My husband's is a Red - and they all ping off. He finds it v annoying too!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, cor yeah I got well peed off with it last time I was away. Especially when it was windy or on a chairlift I'd be trying to get the goggles from behind my head and it was most narkworthy.

Now I have the choice. Either buy another pair of Bolle Simmer goggles and hope they don't keep on pinging off like these Smiths, (as I say I think they were alright but can't remember exactly if they were or not) or buy a Bolle Powder double clip helmet and keep the Smith goggles I've now got (although the Smith goggles have got a very annoying clip together system which keeps coming undone-another flipping annoying occurance because I thought they were going to fall off completely once or twice-whereas the Bolle goggles were one complete piece of elastic, no clip thing) or buy a Bolle Powder helmet and some more Bolle Simmer goggles!

The lenses in the Smith goggles were fantastic though, but probably about the same as the Bolle lenses thinking about it.

Wish they had Bolle Simmer goggles in Val D'Isere when I had to buy some a bit quick then that would have sorted one of the purchases out!

Lucky the sales are on at the moment eh! Better to have it right now though to save even more faffing come ski season pam w. At least nothing can go wrong either way then and I will be happy.

Think I've justified it to myself pam w, Laughing wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
VolklAttivaS5, I had the same problem with my Giro9 & Oakley A Frames. My solution is simply to not fully lift the goggles off but leave a tad of overhang over the rim of the helmet. The foam of the goggles will then grip around the brim stopping them from sliding off over the back of the helmet.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
spyderjon, hiya. I've tried that mate but this helmet I've got has got a peak on it (albeit a short stubby one) but it's quite thinnish plastic and when I did that it would dig into the foam of the goggles and wouldn't hold them quite right which probably wasn't doing them a lot of good. Also, when I would do that and set off skiing without putting the goggles back down on occasion,say I didn't want them on for some reason, the wind would sometimes catch 'em and send them pinging off as usual which was most distracting when I was trying to negotiate a bit of terrain Laughing wink

I've just bought the Bolle goggles same as the first pair which were great and besides the clip thing on the Smith ones kept on coming undone which was pigging me off. I will keep them as a spare though.

Thanks anyway. By the way that reminds me I wanted to ask you about something else. I will send you a PM instead of starting another thread.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sun 7-09-08 21:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, I use the overhang technique as well
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mine has a peak on it and I put them on there to stop them flipping off
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
freestyleandy, hmmm. I reckon the problem will be solved once these new Bolle goggles have arrived, as in same as what I had first time round. I think they worked with it and I think part of the problem with these Smiths is they keep coming undone/getting loose at the back particularly when the elastic is stretched i.e when they're stretched up onto the peak. Very annoying.

I will see! Anyway I'll need these new gogs anyway after looking at this loose clip earlier on and then if they keep pinging off as well I can always get this double clipped helmet I've seen in the sales. All eventualities will be covered then! wink Laughing

Thanks all.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
VolklAttivas5

You can buy self adhesive squares of velcro to stick on the line of the goggle strap. My children do ski racing and a couple of these on each side of their helmets help to keep the goggles in place even when they lift them off to rest on top of the helmet.
Might be a cheaper solution than buying a new helmet or goggles? wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gillian, thanks for that, it's ok though, I need new goggles anyway re the loose clip at the back coming undone all the time and I'll see how I get on from there, cheers.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
a problem with having more than one clip on your helmet is that the goggles become harder to lift up
snow report
The_Hirsty, very true that. I hadn't thought of that but I'm hoping the one I've seen has got the 2 clips at the back but slightly to the side rather than being right on the side above your ears. I will see how I get on with the new gogs first anyway keeping the same helmet as now with one clip. Ta
latest report
VolklAttivaS5, The Dianese Fun has two clips near the back, they allow the goggle to be lifted easily.
ski holidays
Quote:

just dump the helmet, problem solved

not at all; you can't stick goggles on your head unless you wear a helmet as they're liable to steam up.
latest report
srobbo, thanks I'll have a look at that one.

pam w, Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy