Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossigno B78's

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking of purchasing a new pair of skis! The old Vertigo Motion's have seen better days, a friend of mine has the old B2's and likes them. Broke my leg off piste many years ago and as such do not have the confidence that I do on piste. Was thinking that these wide waists may help me! Does anyone have opinions?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Roy Hockley,

Bandits seems to have lost favour these last two years or so. I am assuming that you would like help skiing off-piste whilst wanting to have the ski stay more than useful on it..???

I don't know this ski but thought the old B2 was a bit chummy... The latter day day standard or successor appears to be the Mission which IMV, is a turney ski with a 89mm waist but will help off-piste well enough. I think it encourages a tendancy to turn too much but if that is what you want then they should do the job all round.

My pref would be for a Spark as it is great fun at 82mm all round. Not really great for straight-lining..as much as you ever want to do this... off-piste, for the higher speed here, you'll need something wider and all round beefier.

Depending on your stats, I'd put in the mix...
Recons/Outlaws,
Spark
See what Nordica have
Monster 82/88.
and also check out Stockli XL range.... they do XXL, XXXL etc

Also...I'd look at Movement Thunders, Mythic Riders and the Mantra.

Decide where you will use it mostly and then decide how much of a compromise you can live with for the other situations.

Fischer do some interstinmg stuff as well as Volkl AC40 types...

FWIW, I bought the Gladiator as an all-rounder
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, Thanks for that, will do a bit more research. Used the Spark a couple of seasons ago and was good but flapped a bit on piste!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah the Bs seem to have fallen out of favour. The Monster 78/82/88 seem to have gone in estimation over the same period, theres also a couple of new K2s that fit around the Recons and Outlaws that might be worth a look aswell.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Volkl Mantra is a sweet ski.. good for ripping around on piste as well
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My shiny new internet bargain Rossignol Bandit B78s arrived today Very Happy !! Excellent service from Skiwear4less. Now can't wait to let rip on the glacier at Tignes in 4 weeks....

Thought I really couldn't fall off (!!) at £243 (inc 10% earlybird discount & post and packing). Here's the link if anyone interested in not paying £400 or £500 at Snow & Rock or Ellis Brigham for a pair of performance skis:

http://www.skiwear4less.com/acatalog/Rossignol_Mens_Bandit_B78_Skis___Bindings.html

Lots of other skis available on there - skis with bindings from £99!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict, I was looking at those! Would love to know how they ski.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Roy Hockley,

Bit of a delayed response this.....but I can let you know after I try 'em out at Tignes on the weekend of 18-20 October. (Though that'll be too late for your 10% earlybird discount Sad )

They're quite a bit wider in the waist than my trusty Blizzards (74mm vs about 50 odd....) - so looking forward to seeing the difference. Presumably a lot better in powder ? - Here's hoping..... rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy