Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As Pam says, there is no right and wrong IMHO.

I've bought boots in the UK, which were too big for me.
I've bought boots from that well known shop in Val D'Isere during a long weekend specifically aimed at buying boots. The shop did some tweaking, and I had different liners put in, but I've still been back to CEM for some tweaking, which I gladly paid for.

Missus has had a nightmare, had boots fitted in resort, which caused her agony, they got tweaked all over the place (as we skiied in different resorts) after initial tweaking in Cham and eventually got replaced at last years bootfitting day and they are still not perfect!!! If she is ever going down past CEMs I intend to get her feet in front of him!

regards,

Greg

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 8-09-08 11:09; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As one of the people who, however inadvertently, stirred up a bit of hornet's nest in the first place, please could I beg that we don't get into discussing the relative merits of our main contributing bootfitters. This forum would be the poorer without either of them. If they want to have an argy-bargy between themselves, that's fine - I'll pull up a ringside seat. wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hurtle, Pork pies at dawn Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, I couldn't agree more !

Guvnor, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't turn up, i've worked in both UK and resort, i know which service works best. Post the pork pies please.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And, i have no beef with Charlie, he does an excellent job given he has no snow around him. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
when I started this thread I did not expect such a debate. Maybe boots like most shoes etc are a very personal thing. Get it wrong and your feet hurt. Get it badly wrong and you have an injury. My boots have always been a little too big, and I wear two pairs of socks to compensate, but it works for me. My last pair of boots were too small so maybe next time I will get it right.... but first for my other half you deserves her own.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I would sooner get boots fitted by someone in resort that was as SZK said, doing 3-400 pairs of boots a season and would seek a recommendation on where to go unless I knew the resort. Short of this I wouldn't buy boots in the UK unless the retailer had been recommended by numerous opinions i'd trust which at this point leaves CEM being the only place I would truly consider traveling all the way to England to get bots fitted.

So big calves and small feet.....
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hmmmm..got the jist of this thread but haven't followed it all the way through.

FWIW, I identified the type of boot I wanted, and then asked someone who knows, a few pertinent questions. Then a few questions came back to me and I was able to supply enough info for us to go ahead with the fitting. I was confident that the fitter was very confident that we could make this all work.

I'd had footbeds made up and was convined/knew they worked..I'd used them for a year... and we used them in the new boots.

So, this last season, I had a great fit with great comfort and a big thank to those who worked on them...they know who they are.

The point being, IMV..is that you are going to have to help yourselves and do some leg-work. I don't think I have any issues as such with my feet...but then off-the shelf boots weren't that great and I've had a few pairs..none of them got close to the fit I have now.

If you can get a recommendation of some feet people, then give them some time to get it right... The ones I have used know what they are doing
and if you can walk into a boot shop and be happy with a minimum fit, then you are lucky. IMO, most of us are going to have to work on it.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JT, We call him, Mowgali
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy