Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

castleford or manchester

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
can i have some advice on the fridges you can visit, i have been to Xscape near Castleford a few times but was curios to know if it would be worth the extra miles to visit the newish one near manachester.... is it bigger , better etc Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How much further away are you?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
andybabes, Yes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mosha Marc, i live in hull so its 40minutes drive to Xscape
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, Manchester probably shades Castleford as a better venue. But not enough to travel an extra hour for IMHO.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mosha Marc,

What you said, I certainly wouldn't drive past Castleford and carry on for another 50 miles to go to CF, even if it is slightly better.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 6-09-08 16:16; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

extra miles to visit the newish one near manachester.... is it bigger , better etc

Neither are big enough! Not worth the extra 100 miles there and back...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We only live 30 mins from CF but prefer Xscape although CF very nearly got it spot on - pity.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andybabes, depends on your definition of better.

CFe has a slightly bigger slope; Cas tend to have the bottom of the main slope very narrow due to the bits roped off for toboggans and often have ramps/rails left out down the main slope, CFe's toboggans etc have their own area to the side and the main slope is much wider too. CFe has a kids snowplay area that's accessible from the ski slope - good for families. If you're taking spectators CFe wins hands down as it has much better viewing areas including two outdoor balconies from which photos can be taken.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Butterfly,

But as you live in North Lincolnshire would you drive past Castleford to get to CFe, I wouldn't.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy